Made some updates. It's free BTW. This project has been very interesting. I primarily made it to learn ads, android signing, iOS and audio.
What I discovered is for iOS audio, there's no need to preload any sounds. It just plays. It's a bit different on the android side, though.
On android I preloaded all sounds except for two. Those two sounds were 20+ seconds long. Originally they were also preloaded, but after some experimentation, they were placed in the music folder for streaming instead. It actually worked out better because it decreased the app load time.
For the rest of the preloaded sounds, they were originally bunched up in one event sheet. It was a good number of them too. When the first layer called the event sheet it caused a couple of android 2.3+ to freeze. What I also found out is that androids with a 2.3.3 - 2.3.7 OS represented 54% of the market. So getting it to work within that range was a must.
After getting suggestions from the forum, I created start and instruction screens and split the preloads to load in those layers. And put the largest sound files in the music folder as mentioned above. Alas, both problem androids were able to grab and play the app.
I wished the android could use the same method as iOS, whatever magic they use because it would make life a whole lot easier. But it worked, so I'm happy with that.