Happy Thanksgiving :)

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:49 am

[quote:10tiqoxo]Isn't there some mental disorder like that? :P[/quote:10tiqoxo]

Nah my dog does that all the time... luckily he recycles. :wink:
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:34 am

I haven't had a thanksgiving dinner in a loooooooooooong time. I miss all the awesome food...

Turkey
Leg of Ham
Cranberries
Cornbread
Sweet Potato
Pumpkin Pie
Buttermilk Biscuits
Green Bean Casserole
Fruit Salad
Corn on the Cob

I still remember my traditional foods after all these years! ;)

I think I have a craving for sweet potato right about now... gee thanks a lot D:

Also, the whole Thanksgiving thing is a celebration of the fact that, when the Pilgrims of America didn't know how to grow much in the way of food (due to the new land conditions etc) the native Indians taught them about things like corn. It's basically to give "thanks" to the fact that they helped the early settlers to survive rather than slaughter them, like some of the settlers did to the Indians in return for helping them out. :/

"Thanks for not killing me... now give me your food and enjoy this knife wound to the forehead."

lol

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:07 am

lol thanks for the thanks

(i don't like the mocking of prayer though :( )
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":3w3e2axi]I haven't had a thanksgiving dinner in a loooooooooooong time. I miss all the awesome food...

Turkey
Leg of Ham
Cranberries
Cornbread
Sweet Potato
Pumpkin Pie
Buttermilk Biscuits
Green Bean Casserole
Fruit Salad
Corn on the Cob[/quote:3w3e2axi]

I had a huge helping of turkey and gravy, potatoes and gravy, stuffing and gravy, biscuits and gravy, and some pumpkin pie and apple pie with gravy. No wait, the pie had whipped cream on it (with gravy [hold the gravy]).

My girlfriend's family is actually pretty lazy about Thanksgiving, they don't really cook a whole lot of different stuff. They make this dish that's like some kind of whacked family recipe with green beans, bacon, ketchup, and onions that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. It smells like death and they serve it at every big family dinner. I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually qualify as food.

They didn't even have any cranberry sauce :shock:. And there was no corn on the cob :(

Oh well, at least I got out of having to play Pictionary. And for that, I am thankful. :P
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic