Hard, hard problem.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:38 pm

[quote="Ashley":3pbt6fn4]You shouldn't have to do anything like that. Each turret keeps its own timer and fires at an independent rate, like in the RTS tech demo. Therefore, either a bug exists in the Turret behaviour, or something in your events is specifically breaking that. I suspect the latter since you can't reproduce it; if you simply spawn a bullet in an 'On Shoot' trigger, it will work fine, is that what you're doing?

For the record, though, you can loop through objects with 'For Each'.[/quote:3pbt6fn4]

It's probably my fault, but I can't find the cause of the problem.

Here's the full cap.

http://upload.namelezz.net/downloader.php?file=td16.cap
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:40 pm

I looked through the cap for like an hour, but couldn't find anything. I tested stuff, I did lots of changes, but the problem is still there :(
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:13 pm

I can't do anything about it. Debugging it reveals that the reload times and the variables are right, but the last placed turret shoots like the first placed one! I think it's Construct's fault, and my .cap could even be bugged D:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:16 pm

There's no way to fix this!

If I do like this :
---
Every Turret('Rate') ms = Shoot Stuff
---
The turrets shoot at the same rate, because they're istances, not different objects.

=======

If I do like this :
---
Turret, On Shoot = Shoot Stuff
---
Construct doesn't recognize the istances, instead, when a turret shoots, the others do the same thing!

I can't fix it, unless you suggest me a workaround, or Ashley makes the Turret behavior istance-friendly.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2008 1:59 am

[size=200:2cfmekwj]D:[/size:2cfmekwj]

That sucks :/
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Just a quick update, turns out there is in fact a Construct bug causing this, and it is on the mend. Hopefully fixed for next build.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic