Have fun with this :)

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm

I didn't know how to describe it in the subject field. This is how DoubleFine offers jobs. A must-read for all those, who need a laughter after a hard day.
I'm so glad that companies like DoubleFine exist!

Another candidate is Bethesda, who recently gifted a brony for her enthusiasm in doing parodies of Bethesda games in the MLP universe.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:37 pm

@tulamide

Thanks for posting!

Tim Schafer (founder of Double Fine) really is one of the legends of gaming. He was honoured in Melbourne's 'Game Masters' exhibition, just closed - from the catalogue: "Tim Schafer [has established] himself as the comedic star of videogame writing. His many releases are considered some of the funniest ever written".

And Double Fine's job offers, too.

Not just comedy but honesty: "Sometimes we get busy and ignore that mail box for months on end." It'd be good if other companies were as honest.Velojet2012-10-22 19:02:43
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am

@Velojet
I totally agree. It was Tim Schafer's humor that gave me some of my best game experiences in the past. I particularly remember "Day of the tentacle", and I recommend "Full Throttle" to everyone who thinks a SCUMM-engine adventure about a motorcycling biker wouldn't work. It isn't called "heavy-metal-adventure" by accident
B
S
G

Return to Open Topic