Have you made the switch to Construct 3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm

No - and definitely will not:

1) Browser based
2) Reliant on chrome
3) Ownership depravation
4) No native exports
5) Subscription

C2 only suffers from point 4 - why would I want to pay a sub for the other 4 points?
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Nope, missing 3rd-patry plugins (so I can't open my c2 projects), free edition is not really useful, it is still in beta with many bugs and lacks of certain things. Also some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + tab, ctrl + w, etc.) don't work. I don't really like the save system, I hope to see support for browsers to save to some local folder (which the user can select; one folder per webpage) in the future.

Though I like the fact it is browser-based, as it pushes the limits of HTML5 forwards, which is great for HTML5 games.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

No..

I really don't like the fact that it's browser based..

Most of my projects uses C2 based plugins not supported with C3 right now, so I don't wanna bother with it early...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:40 pm

I'll get it on payday, I want to support Scirra even though I might not properly use it till it's a little more fleshed out, I lean quite heavily on plugins like Magicam and Litetween.

Construct 2 though has without doubt been a wonderful piece of software to work with and I am sure C3 will in time become just as precious to me.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:54 pm

I have purchased it and have been using it frequently. I almost wish I would have stuck with C2 because I have run into issues and experienced crashes in C3 but I got more than my money's worth from C2 over the years and ultimately the time lost to issues/crashes is minimal compared to helping C3 get better.

I don't think there is a need to upgrade from C2 to C3 at this point but I am hopeful that will change within the next year and I only use a small subset of what the program is capable of.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Nope, sadly I'm so busy with work that couldn't even beta test it. In all honesty though, for the near future, I don't think I will switch. I think either 2 things need to happen for me to switch.

1: My games become a financial success that paying for subscription makes financial sense to me.
2: C3 comes with all the features that I think I need to make my games, and not depend on tonnes of plugins and wrappers.

Do hope that once I'm free I'll be able to test C3 out though, cause nothing is better than trying it out and decide for yourself.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:08 am

No, and probably won't.

The only new feature that sounded interesting was being able to run the editor on mobile. My phone doesn't support it though.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:04 am

I do plan on switching at some point but I am pretty deep into development for a game and still love using c2.

My only motivation to switch to c3 currently is to support Scirra/Construct.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:27 am

Why would you switch?

To me it seems exactly like C2, but only usable with an internet connection...
The only features that I liked were the phone editor and the live preview in the editor (since I found it really useful while using Unity), but neither of which are worth $99/year...
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 am

I have paid for a subscription to support Scirra, but can't switch at this point because I rely on C2-only plugins.

I love having the ability to work in Mac OS, but my two major projects will probably never be ported.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General