Have you made the switch to Construct 3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:09 pm

How much is the C2 discount? Is it just 1 year?
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Not yet but I think I will in the near future
B

Post » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:13 am

trev wrote:How much is the C2 discount? Is it just 1 year?

Yes, it's for one year. But if you decide to wait a year or more before buying C3, you'll still be eligible for that discount.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:42 am

These are my Opinions:
Have I switched from C2 to C3 the Answer is NO. I think having a subscription base for a single individual is a bad idea.
The individual game developers who are paying for content expense has enough to worry about, like Sprites, Backgrounds, and Tile sets ect.

Solutions I think would have been much suited options for Construct 3.
1) Having one time fee for a individual licensed software.
2) Charging a 5% fee if money is made off a published game.
3) Businesses & organizations based on sizes charge subscriptions.
4) Educators, students and institutes who are qualified should be free for innovative purposes only.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:52 am

Joannesalfa wrote:No, I've taken a decision to do not switch C3 in following reasons:
-Internet required to open Google Drive and other cloud files.

Yes, if you want to use an online file storage you need to be online. Alternatively, you can use local file save/load.

Joannesalfa wrote:Scirra promised to update C2 as new version but it will not happen.

We've been releasing Construct 2 updates. Last one was only a few days ago.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:52 am

trev wrote:How much is the C2 discount? Is it just 1 year?

Yes it applies to your first years payment.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:19 am

Not yet. Waiting for the offline C3, if they ever decide to do it, since I recall that statement somewhere awhile ago on the blog.

I don't mind the sub fee as I bought the business license to support Scirra. I just want something that's full-featured offline, snappy and local, so I can work away from wi-fi sources when needed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:31 am

I'm with Silverforce and a couple of others in here.
I think Scirra should really focus on the offline browser version of C3.

Not because it's closer to native or something like that. It's more because I think that it would solve a lot of the current issues with certain limitations caused by browser security (e.g. local file access, creation and many more). Nonetheless I will keep on using both for now and fully switch over to C3, once it's stable and ready to use with bigger projects, even bigger than the ones which were used in order to demonstrate C3's current capabilities.

I'd really like to support Scirra though but the lack of PayPal payment support makes it a bit difficult for me right now. :P
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Still following the development closely, and haven't subbed yet but will do so shortly i think, to show my support.

Some of the things I'm missing at the moment to be able to move over completely.

1. Chrome or C3 support stylus input. Or be able to run C3 in Edge. As I'm mainly using touch & stylus on my Surface Pro 4 to create games, this have to work. I refuse to sit at a desk in my spare time to make games, I do that 8 hours per day at work already. :lol: This works well in C2 at the moment.

2. Downloadable app - As @TheRealDannyyy mentioned file handling in C3 web version i don't really like, but not a biggie. I could use Web Version if ..... #1 was fixed.

3. Some plugins converted to .c3addon - Not THAT important, but very helpful, for some features.

I really hope to be able to start using C3, but as long as #1 is not fixed, I can't even consider moving over completely yet.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Pricing is fine, but browser based software is a joke for me.. cloud, file handling, plugins handling, new windows handling, occasional browser crashes, unintentional browser manipulation.. it is just ugh. I might be too old for that but I see it as a huge step back so I will stick with c2 until windows C3 app.

Some new breathtaking features might change that, but so far there is nothing amazing in C3 for me.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General