Have you made the switch to Construct 3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:03 pm

sletts wrote:Have you made the switch to Construct 3?

Why / why not? (Price, features etc)


No, and I won't. Played a while with the beta, but I don't need any of the new features (cloud save etc). It's interesting, technology wise, to have it run in a browser, but I find it impractical. And the stuff that I really do need (native) isn't coming, so I moved on.
B
78
S
28
G
32
Posts: 481
Reputation: 19,788

Post » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Moot wrote:No. C2 is the last version of Construct I'll ever use. I'm currently learning C# and once I learn it, I'm not coming back. There's a few games I started in C2 that I want to finish, but I'm ok with remaking them in C# if I can't finish them by the end of the year.

I feel betrayed by Ashley with the announcement of C3, and I'm not supporting him any longer. There's no reason for C3 to be in a browser other than it being an excuse to charge a subscription and call it a "service." Not allowing people to own a copy of the software they pay for and locking them out of full access of their games if they don't or can't pay yearly for the subscription is wrong in my opinion.

I'm sure in a few years years, he'll ask where did all those people who were against the subscription model go, just like he keeps asking where all those people who supported Flash went years ago, and I'll answer him right now so he doesn't have to wonder for long... We moved on to better things.

Best of luck with C3.


This about sums up my experience. But if you say it out loud, and they're using your game as a showcase piece for C3, expect them to pull it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
B
84
S
46
G
25
Posts: 530
Reputation: 21,570

Post » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:
This about sums up my experience. But if you say it out loud, and they're using your game as a showcase piece for C3, expect them to pull it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Is that surprising?

Why would they support you if you keep voicing negative opinions?
Is there some process in your mind where saying things like that magically makes things better?

You don't like something, then don't use it.
Seems like the same logic they used.
Image ImageImage
B
171
S
50
G
180
Posts: 8,396
Reputation: 113,986

Post » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:43 am

newt wrote:
digitalsoapbox wrote:
This about sums up my experience. But if you say it out loud, and they're using your game as a showcase piece for C3, expect them to pull it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Is that surprising?

Why would they support you if you keep voicing negative opinions?
Is there some process in your mind where saying things like that magically makes things better?

You don't like something, then don't use it.
Seems like the same logic they used.


Image

Right?
B
84
S
46
G
25
Posts: 530
Reputation: 21,570

Post » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 am

Not sure what that means.
You're either one step closer to fixing all your problems, or you have figured everything out, and can do everything all by yourself.
Or neither.
Image ImageImage
B
171
S
50
G
180
Posts: 8,396
Reputation: 113,986

Post » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:45 pm

No, its because if i switch my project to c3 it don't run properly
B
7
S
4
Posts: 2
Reputation: 736

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests