Have you seen any ufos?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 am

WOW! Now THAT'S a real ufo encounter!
Highly interesting.
You should file it to MUFON or similar organizations.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:57 am

MUFON? I will look it up.

I haven't thought about that in quite some time until I read this thread.

I always believed that we are not alone but after seeing that I know.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Human memory is exceedingly malleable. Given days, months, years, let alone 20 years, a minor optical illusion can grow into quite a story.

That combined with general misconceptions, cultural and belief predispositions, poor levels of education, drug use and straight out desire, makes eye witness accounts less than reliable.

This is why anecdotal evidence isn't really worthwhile. Certainly not to prove anything as extraordinary as extra terrestrial life and or visitations.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:03 am

GOOD thing than that I, and all the 4 witnesses wrote down our accounts without speaking to eachouter the very same day
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:52 am

I am not sure if you are meaning to imply that you saw and extraterrestrial alien device/creature when you say UFO, or just that there was an event you feel was unexplainable.

If it is the second then that is quite reasonable, but you must remember that something that is unexplained(by your understanding or perspective) does not mean that it is ultimately unexplainable.

However.

[QUOTE=Urled] GOOD thing than that I, and all the 4 witnesses wrote down our accounts without speaking to eachouter the very same day[/QUOTE]

While this action mitigates the memory issues, it doesn't account for the other ones. More over it reinforces my belief that you have the predisposition and desire to believe in supernatural/unexplainable events. You have basically quoted rule number 5 of MUFONs "Ten things you should do if you encounter a UFO" FAQ page.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 pm

I don't. But I am, and was at the time, aware of memory being tainted by witness sharing their accounts with each other. It's common knowledge. The spheres I saw could not hold any creatures as they where quite small, so i think extraterrestials are out of the question, although i do belive in extraterestrials, but did not at the time.
Our accounds did indeed differ somewhat. I said they where green and one of my friends said it was white. Another one said it was yellowish.
Also size, speed, altitude and such differed somewhat.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Wink@ r you sure you ware not on acid?
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic