Having a problem with my platforming.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • And to help, I HAVE A YOUTUBE VIDEO. WOO.

The annotations show what I'm having problems with, mainly just keeping the animations right. I have another one, more of a testing ground, and for some reason, when he jumps and lands and whatnot in that one, it works right. However, I have it set on the same EXACT BLOODY SETTING in the one I'm working on now, and it's not working right!

Enclosed is a copy/paste of my event sheet.

• i think the sinking problem is cuz of the animation , and i'd use when is not moving (on moved inverted) set to default and when moving walk , hope it helps

• on moved walk

on stopped idle

on jumped jump

on landed subevent

is moving walk

is not moving idle

• You can check construct 2 full platform tutorial on youtube and reddit and there also full capx to download for the platform game included animation's event's.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • on moved walk

on stopped idle

on jumped jump

on landed subevent

is moving walk

is not moving idle

I tried that, and it won't let me do an "On Landed" subevent.

What is looks like it's doing is whenever it moves, it jumps a little. o_O

• no no!

on landed

subevent

is moving-------------------------------- walk

is not moving---------------------------- idle

• Also, the sinking part is due to the collision polygons, and/or the origin point of the Player Sprite changing over time, at every frame. You should use a different, invisible sprite with the platform behavior, that has a simple rectangular collision polygon, and pin the Player Sprite (with the graphics and the animations) onto it. That way you will have cleaner and more efficient collisions.

• Well, I put in a fresh animation sprite, and it works now without sinking.

• Great!:)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)