having problems with setting text

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:55 pm

I am having some issues making an in layout shop menu for a zombie shooter. I have a text under each gun that is set up to display of three text based off of what value a global variable, and an instance variable have, and nothing is working correctly. If anyone can check out my file and tell me what's wrong, I would be so grateful. The shop can be opened with an s, and and two text that are working is for the pistol, and shop icon 3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6obmhqgvlilet ... .capx?dl=0
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Idk why but event sheet in your .capx won't load for me, it's just a white page.
@edit, nvm, I had it unzoomed and scrolled at the bottom, let me take a look now.

@edit2
Here's a list of stuff you made wrong or you could make better:
- error: you need to set position of an object BEFORE not after it was pinned.
- warning: you can make shotgun shot in 2 events and with use of one bullet.
- couple of other minor stuff I'd make other, more efficent way but I'm not here to point them.

However, you have to resize the text objects of Equipped/Owned/$price because they are to small and they got to have whole word space to render it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:30 pm

what do you mean by " whole word space"? I added a set font size command right before set text, that that didn't seem to work. I also switched around my set positions and pins for everything.
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:39 pm

You have to manually resize your text objects in your shop. Make them wider.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Oh, ok I see what you mean. Wow, now I feel like an idiot for not thinking about that.
B
S

Return to How do I....?