HBGames.org's BUILD & WIN Construct 2 Contest

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 am

I used to frequent both RMXP.net and RMXP.org a lot. I remember really appreciating that community in the past, taught me a lot about proper game design.

Glad to see you guys adopting Construct 2! It really is a pretty incredible creation kit.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 am

I think I'm in. I have a couple questions though

So we can make any game we want? any?

Is the game limited to the Scirra arcade? ie are we allowed to use custom plugins?

Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 am

I have a question if I enter, and would be lucky enough to win one of the standard licenses could I give it to someone that didn't win anything?

The reason I ask this is because I already own a license.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Haha lets do this!! I'm going after one of those standard licences! :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey, me too! Maybe it's time for me to come back. :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm

me also was a member in HBgames.org, very rich website for RPG maker XP/VX resources, Glad Construct became famous their, the contest seem fun sense i have account their and if i have time to make a simple game i wont hesitant to join

PS: Scirra should make a blog news article about HBgames contest soon to notify any Construct 2 users.

EDIT:
did anyone see this ? an interesting interview with Ashley
linkprinsukun2012-03-08 15:15:27
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm

[QUOTE=smitchell] I think I'm in. I have a couple questions though

So we can make any game we want? any?

Is the game limited to the Scirra arcade? ie are we allowed to use custom plugins?[/QUOTE]
You can make ANY type of game. A shooter. A platformer. An RPG. A shooting, platforming RPG with robots that shoot lasers out of their nostrils and have spiky anime hair.

Doesn't matter; go crazy with your imagination! :D
It can be any length, so long as it has a title screen, a game portion, and a logical end.

You are free to upload your entry to the Scirra Arcade (and, please do!). But in order to be judged, you must make a topic for your game in the C2 Contest Board at HBGames. It can be a Work In Progress topic, where you fish for feedback, or you can also hold off on making the topic until the end of March. It's up to you. (I recommend the former option, though!)

Jazz up your topic, make it pretty, and advertise your game (signatures, avatars, userbars that you can distribute to other people, whatever you can muster!). Bonus points will be awarded for excellence in advertising/marketing.

[QUOTE=Wink] I have a question if I enter, and would be lucky enough to win one of the standard licenses could I give it to someone that didn't win anything?

The reason I ask this is because I already own a license.[/QUOTE]
Yes! If you win a license and already have one, simply tell us who you'd rather give your license to, and we'll give it to them.

If you don't have anyone in mind, let us know, and we can raffle it off or something.

And thanks for being generous
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

me wonders, how I can tell when I reached the limitations of the "free c2 license"?!?

As I understood, this is one of the competition requests...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:57 pm

[QUOTE=Weishaupt] me wonders, how I can tell when I reached the limitations of the "free c2 license"?!?

As I understood, this is one of the competition requests...[/QUOTE]

Well, if you use the free version a pop up will come up if you try to do something out of the free version's limits. eg once you create your 101st event, you can create no more!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 pm

[QUOTE=valkyriegames]

Well, if you use the free version a pop up will come up if you try to do something out of the free version's limits. eg once you create your 101st event, you can create no more![/QUOTE]

...and if I use a standard license?!?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General