Health Bar issues

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh....Ok let me try that dude... I haven't tried the "every tick" condition on all... Hopefully that solves the issue...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 pm

One other question dude... @WhiteX, Am I subtracting from Global or instance variable(s)? I have an instance health variable on my player on the properties page... I also created a global variable on the event sheet... Which one am I suppose to use? the global variable doesn't seem to be subtracting from my "player's" health at all... The instance one works somewhat, but I can't figure out how to get the final health bar animation to work to indicate that the event is working with the instance variable... I hope this makes sense...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 pm

OK!!!!! NICE!!! It worked dude! Thanks again @WhiteX!!! Just had every thing in the wrong places lol!!! The event sheet is super sensitive... Everything has to be in the correct order or it won't run right... Well appreciate it! I may have to send you a PM concerning "how to make my player die"
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:38 pm

i use global variable for the main players health because if i have to destroy it to make way for another graphic that still is the controllable avatar, like, getting in a car, transforming, its health is stored outside its instance.

To make it "die" is the last part, system - every tick - compare variable
playalife < 1
playa - destroy

once hit twice, it will vanish
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Sweet!!! Awesome dude... Thanks for all the help @WhiteX!!!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?