I'm new here, to introduce myself a bit i can say i'm italian, i'm almost 28, i'm a doctor that is attending specialization in GP, i have a little child, and since the age of six i ve always liked video games.
Now, as you can see, i decided to move to a whole different level. My passion to create stories has overcame the ones of "simply" playing... Yeah, i was that dungeon master - guy when i was a teenager!
Browsing the web, i think i made a good choice buying C2 license. Next step is to learn from almost 0, i've almost no skills in languages and programming, but i'll take it like an hobby and try to achieve goals little by little.
I have some ideas, and i think with this friendly approach i could do something interesting in future, but now i need your help, gently. ^_^
I'd like to create a game like the ones i enjoyed most with my old NES, like Zelda, Solstice, Kid icarus, etc.. That is "simple" maze games with a nice story.
But of course, i lack the technical part! :)
So, i'm here asking if there is a quite simple way to set those things. I don't want a full explanation, would be surely really satisfactory to do something by myself, i just need some help for first step.
Here is my list:
- Can you have multiple, let's say a lot of small rooms, instead of bigger layers, to create the game? I see there are some nice examples to move among them, i'd like transitions like Zelda, if you know what i'm speaking about. ^^ And, a so big number of rooms, would use too much space for the game? I do like big mazes!
- Can you save the game somehow, keeping progress of equipment / coins? If yes, where does the game store data? I'm curious about this...
- How do you guys make sprite moving? I mean, using some sets of similar 2d images..
- What are plugins for in C2?
- How can i store in system that the character simply got an item, like a key or quest item, without showing it nor using? Cheking only it has a requirement?
- Can you make monster respawn when player enter a new room or return an old one?
- Can you add personalized script, in case (surely not now, as i'm a newbie) you need implementing some new event or action?
- Is there any pre-made code to set up an entry, like presentation of game and some starting screen?
For now, those are my doubts, i could add some more later or next days...
Thanks, and sorry if you get bored.
Have a good evening!