[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
help 3 - Scirra Forums

help 3

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Thu May 01, 2008 10:03 pm

@thx4this4ndthat
Hey, we're all in this to help each other out. You would only benefit from placing courtesy foremost. There are a lot of users here that are somewhat.. less patient, and stoop to countering insult with same.

As for your 2,000 objects, do what I do. Control how events manage your objects by setting up a structure for each event with a variable.

For instance, can the same object be used in two different ways? Create within that object the variable "State" and load your events with that trigger. This will allow you to clearly define when certain events are allowed to activate.

[code:2tbqj6pd]+Object.State == "can be used here"
-Do stuff

+Object.State == "cannot be used here"
-Do other stuff[/code:2tbqj6pd]

It will save resources, and should feel better over all. Of course, I'm sure this isn't the best way to go about this, but it works very well for me.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2008 10:13 pm

Moms taught me to place Honest above Polite : )

ok but now .. how to let the object move every so many ticks by lets say .Y + 10
in the attached .cap

(man i cutted objects from one layout into another layout, cuz u said there names are global, construct did't like that and punished me with some rainy day errors)
B
S

Post » Thu May 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Another thing to try when wanting to use any object from another level is to use a new event sheet and include it in your layout. For this, I have made an event sheet called "Movement" and called a position change every X ticks.

[code:3ksyd8h4]Include Event Sheet "Movement"

System: 0 Every 30 ticks
> Sprite2Set Y to Sprite2 0 .Y+10
[/code:3ksyd8h4]

Every X Ticks is found in the system object. Please review the functions of the system object until you are familiar with them.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2008 10:33 pm

allright, bedtime again.

you know, i never ever gave up on something in my live.

All english i type, i learned from forums and chats. I dont even speak it, i dont know how to pronounce most words.

In base i only wanted to make that one tetris clone for my girl. To see my woman happy is the reason to live.

But as always, it did bite me. It glues to my butt. And i cant shake it off.

I so dislike it that i was able to make it in another "program" and not in construct.
While allover, construct seems to be a great programm.

And there been no program yet that i could not master till into every detail.
B
S

Post » Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 pm

you use phyton , right ?
B
S

Post » Thu May 01, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. The truth is, although Construct takes the hard work out of programming, it does not hold your hand. That is, it attempts to make things easy without limiting you. The side effect is there are less automations than in, say, GameMaker... Creating Tetris in Construct means you have to perform a lot of the actions yourself - which is not difficult to learn, it just takes practice.

A good place to start would be looking at source code from other versions of Tetris and learning how to replicate it in Construct.

Of course, if the GameMaker version suffices for your girl, I guess you're set then.

Good night, man. Hope to see you around.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2008 7:27 pm

thx for talkin to me captain ...

Did u open the last attached .cap ? And moved the object around on Layout 1 with events/actions ?

Tetris is very easy to make. The rules are very simple. Thats not what stops me.

I dont seem to figure out how to spawn 4 instances (from an object) into a layout,
move, rotate, collission dedect, stop them and destroy them,
without the events affecting the other instances spawned from the same base object
without the events affecting the base object itself

Even Ashley could not do it.

I assume now that it is not possible with the current release.
Would love someone to tell me how to do it ..
or that it is indeed not possible

Greetings, succes with ur own projects.

LOL i documented every gd event/condition, action, "work variable" and plugin
catogorised them
on
object to acces from
what they do in general
what they do exact
what they target

hoping i would see the whole system,
its a big mess

This history stops here for me.
Be good
B
S

Post » Sun May 04, 2008 6:12 pm

It's possible to control objects without affecting ones which have already stopped - use a private variable. For example, if you have a private variable called 'Is active', set it to 1 when you create it at the top, and set it to 0 when it reaches the bottom, you have a way of picking the four or so blocks that are falling. Eg.:

+ User presses spacebar
+ Sprite 'Is Active' equals 1
: (actions to rotate the tetris block)

This way the event's actions only affect the falling blocks, and not all the blocks that are sitting at the bottom.

Events are a different programming paradigm than you are probably used to. It is most helpful to think of what you need to do in terms of which objects need to be picked, and in this case, what's unique about the objects you want to pick (ie. they haven't fallen to the bottom yet). Then, it's as simple as coming up with a condition to pick those objects.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2008 1:10 pm

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files