Help combinig parts in an RTS

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi,

I'm pretty new to Construct, but I've went through a couple of tutorials etc.

I want to try out making an RTS where you can choose which parts you want on your tanks.

The turrets are easy, the problem I have is how to stick the wheel sprites to the body at runtime.

Bone movement works wonderfully in design time, but I want to be able to do it dynamically with different parts.

Is this possible? Any Suggestions, or should I drop the wheels and keep it simple with just different bodies and turrets to choose?

• Hi,

I'm pretty new to Construct, but I've went through a couple of tutorials etc.

I want to try out making an RTS where you can choose which parts you want on your tanks.

The turrets are easy, the problem I have is how to stick the wheel sprites to the body at runtime.

Bone movement works wonderfully in design time, but I want to be able to do it dynamically with different parts.

Is this possible? Any Suggestions, or should I drop the wheels and keep it simple with just different bodies and turrets to choose?

How complicated are the wheels? You may be able to make them all the same sprite and just switch between animations. Also, you might be able to use image points to your advantage.

Do let me know if I need explain more.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The wheels are pretty simple, but I get your point.

I've now made the bodies and wheels into single sprites with anims and it looks good.

Only it would have been nice to have the wheels be destructible and give tanks abilaties like moving over obstacles etc.

Perhaps a plugin for making sprites stick together dynamically would be useful in a lot of cases?

Anyway, Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)