Help for the mathematically challenged

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:05 pm

@Whiteclaws,

I did have a destroy outside of layout on my example already. But still exhibited quite a slow frame rate. Not sure if tweaking the variables would help that much really.

That's why I was originally asking about using separate lines and joining them together somehow. Unfortunately I don't currently understand the maths it would take to make that happen.

I guess I'll just have to stick with the animation for now, and hope that some tweaking will reduce its impact on the memory usage.

Thanks again, it was a very trippy example!   
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:40 pm

@blacksmith even changing the GrowthSpeed variable higher than 1?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 pm

@bon4ire,

Yes I'm afraid so, I'd need to use much bigger images than the ones in your example. I'm hoping to make it available on tablets as well as phones. And small sprites look a little blurry when they're sized up that much. But when I have that many large sprites all scaling up on screen, it really slows everything down.

But thanks for trying!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:49 am

@Blacksmith - Not sure if you're interested in seeing another example or not, but since it was my suggestion in the first place, thought I'd give it a shot ;)

I made heavy use of @Yann's easing functions and there are some settings you can adjust for speed and that sort of thing.

Here's a preview of it: Retro Tunnel Preview

And the .capx: Retro Tunnel capx

(Haven't actually shared a capx before, so if I screwed something up, let me know!)

rogueNoodle2013-04-21 11:50:25
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 pm

@rogueNoodle,

Wow that is fantastic, thank you so much! Now I've just got to try to pick it apart, so that I can learn what's going on.

Wasn't sure if I'd be able to do this, so thanks again (double thumbs up for you!!)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 pm

@Blacksmith - No problem at all :) Any questions about it, let me know!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?