Help, I suck at animating!

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm

I'm aiming at a bones behavior animation, can you do those?
You can use Construct 997 to open my file, though it's not much to see there but a single bad animation
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:31 am

I'm still on the newb side of construct, but I have experimented with bones a bit. I can have a go at it though 8) .
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:01 am

that'd be cool, thats what I'm trying to do.

The bones behavior could also use some work.... it's not very comfortable to use, and animations are very core to a game!
I'm thinking I'll have to open up motion reference separately and place it side-to-side with construct, copying manually. Yeah, that'll do.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 am

Hey, I've been working on the bone animation, and for some reason the "repeat to" check box dosn't seem to work right. Anyway, I had a nice looking running animation going on, but since I couldn't get it to repeat to a sertan frame, every time he returned to a standing position again. Thaught I was deleting the standing frames, when I realized that it wouldn't delete frame one, and was deleting all of my others :evil: . I can make a running and walking, jumping and such animations for you if you want them, but I also need a bit of help (remember, I'm no good at the tech side fo construct yet).
:Rave: :oops:
In one of my two games I am trying (and failing) to produce, I would like to add sound. I've been all over the documentation and I tried to watch the vid (which for some reason wouldn't work) but I cannot figure out how to specify where the Xaudio2 pulls the sound from :( . It starts "appath & "example.wav", but I don't know how to specify the path, if I put C:\Users\Administrato\Desktop\Construct stuf\soundfx It returns "\ invalid charector"
I'm begining to think that I am hopeless at producing something :cry: ..... I have spent many hours on this, and I'm not planning on giving up though.

Deadeye:"It's like being handed a box of crayons, and the first thing you say is "Hmm... nice crayons and all, but could I draw a cat with these crayons? Because I seriously doubt someone could draw a cat with these crayons."

Lost My Keys:"Very true, but it's never as black and white as that. To use your crayon cat analogy. Yes, you can draw a cat with these crayons. But can they?"

I'm trying my best at drawing that freaking cat, but I feal like I need extra help every step of the way. I would like to help how I can, so I won't be the annoying noob that just asks stupid questions and never contributes. After much ado, here's your cat, erm, cap.
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:37 am

[quote="Komdour":121juwv9]Hey, I've been working on the bone animation, and for some reason the "repeat to" check box dosn't seem to work right. Anyway, I had a nice looking running animation going on, but since I couldn't get it to repeat to a sertan frame, every time he returned to a standing position again. Thaught I was deleting the standing frames, when I realized that it wouldn't delete frame one, and was deleting all of my others :evil: . I can make a running and walking, jumping and such animations for you if you want them, but I also need a bit of help (remember, I'm no good at the tech side fo construct yet).
:Rave: :oops:
In one of my two games I am trying (and failing) to produce, I would like to add sound. I've been all over the documentation and I tried to watch the vid (which for some reason wouldn't work) but I cannot figure out how to specify where the Xaudio2 pulls the sound from :( . It starts "appath & "example.wav", but I don't know how to specify the path, if I put C:\Users\Administrato\Desktop\Construct stuf\soundfx It returns "\ invalid charector"
I'm begining to think that I am hopeless at producing something :cry: ..... I have spent many hours on this, and I'm not planning on giving up though.

Deadeye:"It's like being handed a box of crayons, and the first thing you say is "Hmm... nice crayons and all, but could I draw a cat with these crayons? Because I seriously doubt someone could draw a cat with these crayons."

Lost My Keys:"Very true, but it's never as black and white as that. To use your crayon cat analogy. Yes, you can draw a cat with these crayons. But can they?"

I'm trying my best at drawing that freaking cat, but I feal like I need extra help every step of the way. I would like to help how I can, so I won't be the annoying noob that just asks stupid questions and never contributes. After much ado, here's your cat, erm, cap.[/quote:121juwv9]

are you putting the path and file inside quotes? "AppPath" & "filename.ext" Try that?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 am

Nope. Nothing I try works. Heres a zip, it has the cap for the menu I'm trying to make, and an MP3 called gears. I'm sure it is possible to do, I just don't want to waste any more than the 3 hours of my life I've already wasted trying to figure out how to do such a simple task as put a sound in constuct.
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 pm

You left out the .cap file. Your zip only has the .mp3 and the .persist file.

Edit:

Anyway, .mp3 can only be played by XAudio2 as music, not as a sound. Check out the wiki: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/c ... io2_Object

And here's how it's done:

[color=#FF0000:2haxne2y][size=60:2haxne2y]RedText by deadeye (C) 2009[/size:2haxne2y][/color:2haxne2y]

Put your music into a folder called Music or whatever at the same level as your game. This can be either your .cap file or the .exe that you build. It's just, you know... less messy.

When you want to have your XA2 play the music, this is what your music action should look like:

-> XAudio2: Play music AppPath & "\Music\Gears.mp3"

Just to be clear, this is what you type into the expression when you choose the "Play music from file" action:

[code:2haxne2y]AppPath & "\Music\Gears.mp3"[/code:2haxne2y]

Edit 2:
If you want to play your Gears.mp3 as a sound, you will have to convert the file to .wav or .wma, etc. Something that XA2 sound channels will support.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 pm

AppPath includes a trailing backslash, eg. C:\Games\MyGame\
So that should strictly speaking be: AppPath & "Music\Gears.mp3"
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Huh, well it worked in my example with that extra backslash anyway :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I think Windows bails you out by ignoring double slashes in a path, but it's best to avoid it if you can.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic