Help, I suck at animating!

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I think Windows bails you out by ignoring double slashes in a path, but it's best to avoid it if you can.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 pm

it's really impossible to share animations, as bone animations can't be saved or loaded.
So just take the .cap I posted at the beginning and animate that... or just do it from scratch. I just need to animate a stickman (well proportioned, with rounded encaps) with bones. I can take it from there :)
This is a platform so it'll eventually have to jump, tiptoe, fall and die in grisly ways.... but for now, just running. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:44 pm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1010927/puppetrobot.exe

i build ik rigging for most of my heavy animating, especially big things, as you all know.
heres a little example i whipped up using my big robot from unfinished static scrubber.
using only simple beziers for feet movement and sine oscillations for the arms and body, you can do alot if you make a well rigged character, and you dont have to be a great animator. this took me 5 minutes to animate and the result is pretty good.

if i were able to code id make a puppet editor using my techniques for construct, but since i cant ill probably make a nice tutorial for everyone showing a whole bunch of my cool little techniques ive figured out.

(alot of stuff is drag and dropable, play around :P)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:03 am

This is realy cool Quazi. I like to look at what you've done. I must not have had rounded endcaps :oops: . Thank you so much for your help Deadeye, it clears up legions. Just to let you know, I did read trhough the souceforge documentation on the xaudio2 object... I must have missed something. Kinda funny, I seem to be posting way late at night every night :) .
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic