[HELP] Many different types of armor, weapons

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • In my game character can use many weapon types, weapons and armor. Also they are shown on his sprite. So if your inventory says it's Katana in your arms - you see it. If katana is poisonous then sprite is different (could be rough-made katana with green lines or smthg doesn't really matter now). If I want to add new weapon to the game i simply add his stats and image name into ini, put image in the right folder. From now my new weapon can be obtained randomly as a loot from enemies.

The question is - how it could be done? I had some thoughts:

1. Creating different sprite for each weapon (Oh my.., 20 swords - 20 different objects, it's killing me );

2. Creating different animations in one sprite (omg, huge amount of it!!!);

3. Changing sprite of weapon via in-game preload (O.M.G. If i had to choose between 3 or 5 swords it will be painfull. Image Manipulator all-the-way when choosing like "what I prefer more - maces or swords?" And App could crash easily in that case);

Help needed!

• 2. Creating different animations in one sprite (omg, huge amount of it!!!);

This would be your best bet. In my Opinion in way. You can tie the animation name to a text or list.

• Well I have multiple different weapons and armors in my game even though they only have like firing animationg etc. but still it's 1 sprite per weapon and it ain't too bad if you dont have to do really cool animations for all of em

• Character has 4 animations, weapon is tailed to his arm so 4 animations too. Total 16 frames for character and every weapon. Could be difficult. I think i need creating new sprite object on runtime via duplicating base weapon sprite, but it's impossible now, only instances which, in this case, useless.

• well, maybe using the canvas object with bone tool.I mean, creating different animation via the bone tool,then change the image via the ini.anl load the suited animation for weapon type.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Canvas cant make Saw effect, when we have thorns rotating aroung main blade. Also I make game in pixel-art so thing as bones could be strange to see.

But right now considering about converting game graphics to more hi-res with bone animation - that could solve both game's graphics aesthetics and weapon animation.

• Sorry if bothering you, but if someone has a solution please answer. No "Up's" will follow, just once

• [quote:3i4pp571]1. Creating different sprite for each weapon (Oh my.., 20 swords - 20 different objects, it's killing me );

2. Creating different animations in one sprite (omg, huge amount of it!!!);

3. Changing sprite of weapon via in-game preload (O.M.G. If i had to choose between 3 or 5 swords it will be painfull. Image Manipulator all-the-way when choosing like "what I prefer more - maces or swords?" And App could crash easily in that case);

That pretty much sums up all the ways to go about it.

Here's a test of method 1, if that helps:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/examples2/multiArmor.cap

made in 0.99.96

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)