HELP - No one can see the background of my game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 am

I just uploaded my first game to the arcade: (I can't embed URL's apparently) The game is called Shade, it's right on top in the new games section of the arcade

I tested it on firefox and chrome, it works perfectly fine for me.
But anyone else trying to play can't see the background-image of the Game.
It's just black...

How can I fix this? I have no idea what might have gone wrong

EDIT: Ive tested the game myself on another laptop and the background DOES show on that one. So the game works fine on 2 computers, and the background is black on 2 others. I R Confuse
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:09 pm

Anyone?
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Looks fine? If you can see it then others can see it or they have issues on their side.
This is what I see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:23 pm

No idea why it doesnt work for them then :P oh well... if I can't do anything about it then I can't do anything about it :P
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Strange. It's all black for me.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 pm

zenox98 wrote:Strange. It's all black for me.

Seriously? That isn't good then, I can understand 1 or 2 but this isn't good then... it must be on users side, but what would the cause be?
I wonder if it has to do with latest chrome/firefox updates?
What else updated recently?

Using
chrome ver 34.0.1847.131
firefox 64bit nightly

@SirBiest,

You got anything that could not show background based on monitor size or something? Any restrictions or requirements?
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:53 pm

It's not a monitor issue. After further testing, my mates can play the game on Internet Explorer, but not on Firefox or Chrome. So it does have something to do with those browsers it seems.

Who would have ever guessed that IE would beat Chrome and Firefox to anything huh :P

EDIT: I've set the game window to 854x480, a simple 16:9 resolution.
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 12:59 pm

SirBiest wrote:It's not a monitor issue. After further testing, my mates can play the game on Internet Explorer, but not on Firefox or Chrome. So it does have something to do with those browsers it seems.

Who would have ever guessed that IE would beat Chrome and Firefox to anything huh :P

EDIT: I've set the game window to 854x480, a simple 16:9 resolution.

Both my chrome and firefox recently updated. I'm using latest versions respectively. And can't test older versions, need to be at office for that. Hope you figure it out. will follow, as that is something that needs an answer for :)
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 1:24 pm

DUTOIT wrote:
Both my chrome and firefox recently updated. I'm using latest versions respectively. And can't test older versions, need to be at office for that. Hope you figure it out. will follow, as that is something that needs an answer for :)

It is a strange issue indeed.
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 5:04 pm

I always use firefox - currently latest ver 29 - and it doesn't show in that, but it does show correctly if I use Internet Explorer.

So at the moment, it rules out the GPU and points a finger at firefox, or one of it's plugins/addons.

I do see an error in console regarding texture size, but unknown if that's relevant at the mo.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?