HELP - No one can see the background of my game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 5:34 pm

zenox98 wrote:I always use firefox - currently latest ver 29 - and it doesn't show in that, but it does show correctly if I use Internet Explorer.

So at the moment, it rules out the GPU and points a finger at firefox, or one of it's plugins/addons.

I do see an error in console regarding texture size, but unknown if that's relevant at the mo.

I can see it in IE, Chrome, and firefox, so it is something specific to end user or a restriction within the game.
Its got to be something obvious. Friday night and been a long week, can't put a finger on it. Perhaps @Ashley has an idea?
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 5:41 pm

I've put the game on a freehost website and my friends still had the same issue, so we can rule out the C2 Arcade as a possible cause as well.

The background is made with inkscape, so the fact that it is a vector-drawing might be a factor. However, in that case no graphics should be visible at all because I've made them all in inkscape.
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

If you use any images over 2048x2048 (which the image editor should warn you about if you do), it will only display if the hardware supports it. That's only speculation though and it's impossible to say anything more certain unless you share the .capx.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Ashley wrote:If you use any images over 2048x2048 (which the image editor should warn you about if you do), it will only display if the hardware supports it. That's only speculation though and it's impossible to say anything more certain unless you share the .capx.

the layout and background image size is: 8265, 586

so that would be the issue? The irregularity of the bug is the weird part though. If it was hardware, then this issue would show on every browser, right?

I'm fine with sharing the capx file if that would help you guys. How do I go about doing that?
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?