Help please

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Greetings to all I from Russia, ask to not beat for my bad English.

At me the problem, is necessary for me your help. I make a game, and during one moment all has stopped.

On one mistake. I load sprite then I try to start game and me it writes:

Construct encountered an error in the display engine

The error code was: 0x88760b59 (Invalid data)

Help what to do?

• Can you upload the cap file where this happens? Without it it's kind of hard to tell you what might be going wrong, although there might be people around here who can tell you a little more about that particular error message.

Oh and btw welcome to the forum

• This very sizable file, 17 mb!

At me very small speed.

• Chances are, it was an invalid texture size or something. I have had similar problems if I try to make a sprite graphic too large. I would suggest if your cap file is 17mb already, then something along these lines is most likely the cause.

Perhaps one of the dev's can shed some more light on the subject?

~Sol

• Maybe you're running out of VRAM if that's 17mb of image data. What video card do you have?

• Chances are, it was an invalid texture size or something. I have had similar problems if I try to make a sprite graphic too large. I would suggest if your cap file is 17mb already, then something along these lines is most likely the cause.

Perhaps one of the dev's can shed some more light on the subject?

~Sol

I think that you are right. Though it seems to me what is it there is a mistake of the program!

Very much often the program as is disconnected itself. If for a long time that or to make she gives out a mistake. Very badly understands to copy - paste!

• Maybe you're running out of VRAM if that's 17mb of image data. What video card do you have?

512 video memory..... I have NVIDIA GeForce 9300M Notebook Asus

• Now I started all to create again. Also has already promoted further than was. And if to you interestingly game about ninja gaiden (SNES) )))))

• I have one more question. I do not understand as to make eternally floating clouds or mountains on the screen 800*600. I ask to tell. Or set to me an example. cap File

• Eternally floating? Like, scrolling clouds maybe?

The easiest way to make them is to create a SPRITE, and make it look like a CLOUD. Then, apply the WRAP BEHAVIOUR to it, and the BULLET BEHAVIOUR.

Set the BULLET BHEAVIOUR to make the cloud always move at whatever speed you want, and set WRAP to enabled. When the cloud leaves the screen on one side, it will appear back on the other side and keep scrolling.

You can get fancy with it, and make events like

+On wrap
    -Set Y to random(100)
    -Set speed to random(500)+100
    [/code:1up9ndsa]
    Which would make the cloud appear at a random height above the ground, as well as move at a random speed. 

Hope that helps.

~Sol
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Eternally floating? Like, scrolling clouds maybe?

The easiest way to make them is to create a SPRITE, and make it look like a CLOUD. Then, apply the WRAP BEHAVIOUR to it, and the BULLET BEHAVIOUR.

Set the BULLET BHEAVIOUR to make the cloud always move at whatever speed you want, and set WRAP to enabled. When the cloud leaves the screen on one side, it will appear back on the other side and keep scrolling.

You can get fancy with it, and make events like

> +On wrap
    -Set Y to random(100)
    -Set speed to random(500)+100
    [/code:3kojgxqb]
    Which would make the cloud appear at a random height above the ground, as well as move at a random speed. 

Hope that helps.

~Sol

O! thaks! Now I have understood.

• Now my game is not started at all! Writes: an unexpected error occurred and the application was terminated. You may be to find out more information about the crash by Debugging, and attempting to reproduce the bug.

• Now my game is not started at all! Writes: an unexpected error occurred and the application was terminated. You may be to find out more information about the crash by Debugging, and attempting to reproduce the bug.

Post your cap and someone, either myself or someone else will have a look at it for you.

~Sol

• There is a crash bug with wrap behavior. It's been reported, I think, but report it anyway to be safe!

• If to speak shortly I has found out the reason of a mistake.

The Construct does not allow to load many pictures - sprite, titlebackground.

Most likely there is what that a limit.... Which then gives out a mistake...... I Declare IT IS BUG!!!!!

It is checked up if will remove one-two - a file that all starts to work! But if again to load files back that again a mistake!!!!! Till now anybody in given situation has not helped me. It is sad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)