Help spreading construct :D

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 pm

I emailed a few open-source blogs and a few open-source websites to take a look at your website, hopefully more people will start to know about this amazing software. You guys should help by telling your tech friends and people who might be interested in this software.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:54 pm

I've done that before, and had some success. It'd be cool if other people could do that or promote/link to the site/facebook/twitter/youtube account. Remember to be tactful when phrasing the emails, they don't owe us anything!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:59 pm

I told a few of my friends and they signed up on here, I got like 3 of them to signup.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm

i am trying to spread it using my blog, but telling about it to friends is totally hopeless, they are just Prince Of Persia loving retards. Once i told about construct to one of my friends and this is the reply I got next day-
"that thing(construct) is useless! it can only make 2d games i wanha make prince of persia!"
People here have the notion that making games is easy(place a car, place a tree, boom! it's done!)
and I really wanted to slap my friend hard :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Heresy! The BEST Prince of Persia was in 2D! Tell your friends they're rubbish if they consider themselves Prince of Persia fans but shun 2D :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:45 pm

As soon as I get my bearings I'll be using my site (sig) to promote Construct as I did Unity. I'm also in the process of creating something to help art minded individuals like myself, understand it from that perspective.

~t
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 pm

sorry for going offtopic but I can't help myself

[quote:2haagjw3]Heresy! The BEST Prince of Persia was in 2D! Tell your friends they're rubbish if they consider themselves Prince of Persia fans but shun 2D [/quote:2haagjw3]

Yes, they know about it and they don't care about it, they just care about 3D POP movies :(
Heck, they also believe that 2d games will soon vanish!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm

What, are we getting 3D sudoku soon? ;)

Yeah, yeah, back on topic, I mention Construct to people who talk about making games. I probably should make an awesome showcase game sometime, but I've got a job now and I can hardly find any time at all for Construct. My other projects have a priority :(
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:01 pm

We just had our GGA event here in Visby this week and I mentioned Construct to a bunch of different people. Most notably some guys from Nordic Game Jam. I also talked to Nifflas about it (I had no idea he'd be there!)

One guy from NGJ seemed very interested so I gave him the url, eventually (apparently the word scirra didn't mesh well with his phones auto-complete XD )

But I'll be going to the next Nordic Game Jam (pretty much have to now) and I figured I'd try to get as many as possible to use Construct there.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm probably beating a dead horse by saying this, but I think if construct games were able to be ported to phones/iphones or if the games could be played in a browser it would effectively promote itself. I think in this day and age many people are actively seeking out easy intuitive software to do just that. In fact the surge of people to this website might even be overwhelming.

With that said, this wonderful software definitely deserves more exposure. I don't even recall how I stumbled upon it, but I do remember the first thought I had. "How am I just finding out about this now!"

I think the most effective way to promote construct will be releasing games. So if anyone needs more motivation to work on that big project, that should be it :mrgreen: I remember in my clickteam days, I would find ways to avoid the splash screens or the ugly games factory logo. However, with construct, and the nature of the product being open source and free, I can't help but want to put a huge construct stamp on my game to let others know. I think it was Mary Jane that made a really amazing looking opening video? I don't remember I have to go search for that thread now.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion