Help translate Construct 3! (pt-BR, es, ru, de, uk-UA)

Post » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Update 21st Sept: now accepting Russian, German & Ukrainian too!

Thanks to the hard work of @Kyatric, we now have a French translation of the C3 UI, and we'd like to extend this to as many other languages as possible! However to start things off, we're going to try and create Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Russian, German and Ukrainian translations (pt-BR, es-ES, ru-RU, de-DE and uk-UA respectively). We're using a new online translation service called POEditor to help make this possible. You can sign up and start contributing for free, allowing crowd-sourced translations!

Translating Construct 3 took Kyatric around 2 weeks of full-time work, so it's quite a big project. However if more people pitch in, it'll be less work per person. Please note we're keen to get high-quality translations, so you should be a fluent speaker of the language and have good spelling and grammar. It's also up to contributors to organise the translation amongst themselves, for example determining consistent terminology for things like "layout", "layer", "events" etc. Please be pro-active about co-operating and establishing common standards for translation. You may want to start a forum, chat room, or other community service with other contributors.

If you're willing to help translate Construct 3 in to one of those languages, please click this link and request access to one of those languages: https://poeditor.com/join/project/gM9NeJ7wtR

We appreciate contributions! This is also something of an experiment, so please do let us know if you have any feedback or questions.

Technical notes about translations
If you help translate Construct 3, please note the following technical details:
  • Placeholders like {0}, {1} are used to substitute values in to the string. They must be preserved. Every placeholder that appears in the English string must also appear in the translated string.
  • There is a special placeholder {my} used for behaviors. This should not be translated (it should still appear as {my} in the translation).
  • BBCode is used for formatting in some cases, e.g.
    Code: Select all
    Click [b]here[/b]

Use the same BBCode in the translation as is used in English. In some languages the phrasing may be different, but do your best to make the same emphasis.
  • Keep whitespace exactly the same. Do not add whitespace where there is none in the English translation, and do not remove whitespace where it is used in English.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Yaaaay finally Brazilian Portuguese! As a Brazilian, this will help a lot, and yet more for those people that don't speak English at all.

Also, I am already contributing as a translator!!! òHó
being brazilian will help me a lot XD
Howdy, I'm HenryPK! I love helping people and making games... Hope we can be friends. (Also check my game: Blue)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Nice! I'll absolutely help with pt-BR. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Yes!! I'll take a look and help with the Spanish Translation!!
B

Post » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Sure I can help with Spanish. I've already added myself to the POEdit project awaiting to be approved by a moderator.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:05 pm

UlisesFreitas wrote:Sure I can help with Spanish. I've already added myself to the POEdit project awaiting to be approved by a moderator.

Hi! I can also help with Spanish translation :)

Also waiting project edit approbation.
B

Post » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:12 am

I can help with pt-br.

*Also waiting access to the POEditor project
"Hello my friend stay a while and listen"
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Is it still possible to help on French translation? I think it could feel more natural on some point, with little changes.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:55 pm

I would offer myself for spanish translation, but there are several mates before me. Anyway, I´m here to help
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 pm

I already registered ... I hope I can contribute.
I chose Portuguese.
B
S
G

Next

Return to General Discussion