Help with a movement behavior plz

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello

I'm currently trying to make a sprite follow some paths and for that I used the bullet behavior and set it angle to these paths but by doing that the image rotate and I need to make it doesn't rotate.. is there a way?

The ideal would be keep the bullet behavior because of the events already made..

it's also controlled by computer, not player.

• You can make the bullet object invisible, then pin another object to it.

You could then every tick, set the angle of the pinned object to 0, to ensure it's always the correct angle.

• You can make the bullet object invisible, then pin another object to it.

You could then every tick, set the angle of the pinned object to 0, to ensure it's always the correct angle.

yA I Have thinked about that but in my game, there will be alot of sprites at the same time, so doubling it's quantity isn't a good idea because of the FPS..

• Any1?

• Could you use a variable on that object, and set the movement angle to that variable?

On Construct Classic you could set the object not to rotate it's sprite... I wonder if they'll add that feature for C2

• Could you use a variable on that object, and set the movement angle to that variable?

On Construct Classic you could set the object not to rotate it's sprite... I wonder if they'll add that feature for C2ya this would be a feature that I need.

about your suggestion, doing that the object ill always follow his angle and so it can't go to where I want..

because I use the action to rotate to a position and he won't rotate correctly if it can't change his angle..

I had saw an action that is set angle of motion but it's a behavior's action and families can't access it yet.. this would help already

• You can use what 7Soul suggested, and check when the object reaches the waypoint - stop the movement.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use what 7Soul suggested, and check when the object reaches the waypoint - stop the movement.the sprite rotate toward a position to reach the waypoints, but doing that the angle changes.

If I add a variable to a fixed value and set his angle to that variable, the sprite won't rotate and so it can't reach his destiny..

need to figure out a way that only the 'object' itself changes his angle, not the 'image' of the object.

• I think it could work, but maybe I just don't know how you exactly want it. Here's an example how I see it, can you explain it on this one?

• Im at work now but when I get home ill check it.. thanks!

• I think it could work, but maybe I just don't know how you exactly want it. Here's an example how I see it, can you explain it on this one?there's a place where I can check this capx for R84??

• there's a place where I can check this capx for R84??

I could recreate it in R84, but can't you just install r85? (you can install in on a flash drive, if you wanna keep the stable version)

• > there's a place where I can check this capx for R84??

I could recreate it in R84, but can't you just install r85? (you can install in on a flash drive, if you wanna keep the stable version) Downloaded the R85 to test it and keep the stable version ( I didn't want to remvoe it, but I don't need, didn't know that, sry ;) )

from what I saw of yout capx it's what I'm looking for, ill do some tests if I can implement that in my game and see if works, thanks ;)

• Unfortunately I can't implement that because of the lack of family behavior support.. so Ill need to wait more..

I had before made some tests and yes, i had obtained the same method as you but now I remember why I didn't used it, because I can't use actions from a behavior for a family.. =(

• If it's not a big problem, you could workaround the bullet behavior like this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)