Help with Animation

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Good day,

I'm using Construct to build a game as to use for my final school project... However I've reached an issue where I use a platform behavior as to use "when not moving" go to Default animation as in, nothing...

However I want my character to fire, so I made when I press Space (fire button) to play the firing animation and stop movement, however, since that happens, it triggers the condition I mentioned earlier, and cancels the firing animation...

Any ideas or thoughts? I've considered using a private variable as triggers but I can't seem to manage it to work...

( I do apologize if I couldn't explain myself well x.x )

Thanks in Advance,
Kuroh

(Also, I can't seem to find any other posts with a similar situation, dunno if I entered the keywords wrong on Google or somethin'.)
B
G

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Might try something like this:
[quote:1000bn3f]+ Sprite: Animation "fire" finished
-> Sprite: Set animation to "Default"[/quote:1000bn3f]

As a separate event.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:08 pm

I've made a simple game to test this... not sure if it really what u was asking..
example:
made a sprite (player) and a sprite (ground)
added behaviour platform to player and added to the ground the atrribute 'platform' at groups in his properties.
then at the events:
player is moving = set animation to "default" (his stopped animation)
=/= player is moving(right click it and select invert condition) = set animation to "walking"
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 am

Thank you very much, that solved my problem!

Am trying to change how people see games in general through Construct by making a school project based on it. Hehe, hope it will work out alright. Not to mention making people get to know Construct itself by see a (tiny I bet) fragment of its capabilities.

Not to mention, I must say, it's quite fun to build a game with it. Always good to see your work looking worth it...

Once again, thank you!
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic