Help with CordovaGame and CordovaiAP

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:09 am

@Artpunk

So...still working on figuring out how to get these to work with intel xdk and google play store. I know i'm messing something up somewhere.


Any help is appreciated.
B
38
S
18
G
19
Posts: 664
Reputation: 14,112

Post » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:20 am

So what stage are you at. Youve started setting up the listing on the Google Play Dev Console?

Here are some steps that you need to do:
-In your C2 project, in the properties of CordovaGame object, you have to add the APP ID. You get this from the Dev Console.

-In the Dev Console you have to set up Google Play Services for your game to get the APP ID number that you need. The number is below the title of your game in Game Services.

-In XDK you also need to add the CordovaPlay plugin.
So in XDK > Plugin Management > Add 3rd party plugin > select 'git repo' > enter: https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordov ... n-game.git
AND in the variable field for APP_ID, you need to enter the same APP ID you got from Google Play Services above.

Have you done these steps?
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,075

Post » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Artpunk wrote:So what stage are you at. Youve started setting up the listing on the Google Play Dev Console?

Yes. I've done the console listing. Added achievements, testers (only myself so far) and set up google merchant, game services.


Artpunk wrote:Here are some steps that you need to do:
-In your C2 project, in the properties of CordovaGame object, you have to add the APP ID. You get this from the Dev Console.

Done.


Artpunk wrote:-In the Dev Console you have to set up Google Play Services for your game to get the APP ID number that you need. The number is below the title of your game in Game Services.

Done. But i got an error that said there was a problem with that ID.

Wait...what? Cordova Play Services? Haven't seen that plugin. Is that part of cranberrygame's plugins? I only have the CordovaGame plugin from him.


Artpunk wrote:-In XDK you also need to add the CordovaPlay plugin.
So in XDK > Plugin Management > Add 3rd party plugin > select 'git repo' > enter: https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordov ... n-game.git
AND in the variable field for APP_ID, you need to enter the same APP ID you got from Google Play Services above.

This is one of the major issues. I don't think i have seen those two instructions on the same page.


Artpunk wrote:Have you done these steps?

Most of them. Will go back into C2 and add/edit those things.

Thanks for the help and the information @Artpunk
B
38
S
18
G
19
Posts: 664
Reputation: 14,112

Post » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:43 am

jeffige wrote:
Artpunk wrote:-In the Dev Console you have to set up Google Play Services for your game to get the APP ID number that you need. The number is below the title of your game in Game Services.

Done. But i got an error that said there was a problem with that ID.

Wait...what? Cordova Play Services? Haven't seen that plugin. Is that part of cranberrygame's plugins? I only have the CordovaGame plugin from him.


Sorry for confusion... When I wrote Google Play Services I meant to say Google Game Services in the Developer Console. You have already set it up obviously since you said youve set up your achievements, and you said you put the App Id dumber into the CordovaGame object in C2.. so you've done it already.

And that same number you copied to the CordovaGame object, you also copy into the plugin in XDK.

What are you specifically having trouble with? Like, whats not working? Are you getting a build error in XDK or something?
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,075

Post » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:44 pm

@Artpunk

The first few times i built with xdk i got errors, mostly with the androidinappbilling. I actually took out the cordovagame and it went away.

I tried with both official and cordova plugins but i still got the same error. Right now i just have the cordovaAdmob and cordovaIAP.Build went through.

I think i have problems with some of my logic, cause once i downloaded the .arm7 to my phone, i have several issues with some buttons. Mainly the options with turning music and sound off.

Also, the mobile keyboard overlaps the textbox for the player to input their name.

Gonna try and edit some things today, hopefully. And go back and try and add and correct the cordovagame with your suggested post.

I published the alpha test yesterday but none of my testers can download it. It says 'app not available'.
B
38
S
18
G
19
Posts: 664
Reputation: 14,112

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:01 pm

jeffige wrote:@Artpunk

The first few times i built with xdk i got errors, mostly with the androidinappbilling. I actually took out the cordovagame and it went away.

I tried with both official and cordova plugins but i still got the same error. Right now i just have the cordovaAdmob and cordovaIAP.Build went through.

I think i have problems with some of my logic, cause once i downloaded the .arm7 to my phone, i have several issues with some buttons. Mainly the options with turning music and sound off.

Also, the mobile keyboard overlaps the textbox for the player to input their name.

Gonna try and edit some things today, hopefully. And go back and try and add and correct the cordovagame with your suggested post.

I published the alpha test yesterday but none of my testers can download it. It says 'app not available'.


I have the same issue as you with the official plugin and the cordova one there doesnt seem to be a proper answer if there is any working in-app plugin currently or not.
B
22
S
7
G
5
Posts: 100
Reputation: 6,272

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:36 pm

I was unable to get the official iAP object working. According to posts I read on the forum some of the conditions don't work with the offical iAP, like 'On purchase success'. According to a post I read by @Kyatric you can get it working by using the 'has product id' condition, but I wasn't able to get it working with that.

So I switched to using the Cranberrygame CordovaiAP plugin. I have that working for Android, but I haven't yet succeeded in getting it to work for iOS.
I'll be working on this exact problem today. I *think* other people have the CordovaiAP working on iOS, but im currently looking into it.

Two useful example capx files can be found in this tutorial by Kyatric and the 'CordovaInApp' example posted by @AndreasR.
These two files should give you an idea of how to set up the events to get iAP working.

I'd be very interested to hear advice from anyone who has the CordovaiAP working with iOS.
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,075

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 pm

Artpunk wrote:I was unable to get the official iAP object working. According to posts I read on the forum some of the conditions don't work with the offical iAP, like 'On purchase success'. According to a post I read by @Kyatric you can get it working by using the 'has product id' condition, but I wasn't able to get it working with that.

So I switched to using the Cranberrygame CordovaiAP plugin. I have that working for Android, but I haven't yet succeeded in getting it to work for iOS.
I'll be working on this exact problem today. I *think* other people have the CordovaiAP working on iOS, but im currently looking into it.

Two useful example capx files can be found in this tutorial by Kyatric and the 'CordovaInApp' example posted by @AndreasR.
These two files should give you an idea of how to set up the events to get iAP working.

I'd be very interested to hear advice from anyone who has the CordovaiAP working with iOS.


alright awesome i guess ill purchase the cranberry pack and check out iap as well and see if i can get ios to work too
B
22
S
7
G
5
Posts: 100
Reputation: 6,272

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:00 am

jeffige wrote:The first few times i built with xdk i got errors, mostly with the androidinappbilling. I actually took out the cordovagame and it went away.

About this problem @jeffige. I think that error is related to the iAP object, not the CordovaGame plugin which is used for connecting with GooglePlay, Leaderboards and Achievements.
Which plugins do you have added in XDK currently? And which iAP are you currently trying to get working, the official iAP object or Cordova iAP?

Another thing to check, do you have an account set up on Google Payment Center? In the Dev Console there's a link at the bottom of the screen under 'Useful Tools'. You have to set up an account in there to be able to receive payments. If you didnt have that account set up, *maybe* that could be causing your error?
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,075

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:06 am

CanGame wrote:alright awesome i guess ill purchase the cranberry pack and check out iap as well and see if i can get ios to work too

This thread had some useful information:
Official IAP Trigger Events Not Working Dec 2015

OP said he managed to get the official iAP working by swapping 'on purchase success' conditions for 'has product'.

I tried what he describes, and tried to copy his event system that he outlines, but with no success.
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,075

Next

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests