HELP WITH FLY ALONG GAME!

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey I really need some help with this fly along game I'm working on.

I have a star field set in place, and some objects for the player to dodge but I have a problem with the star field.

It does not continuously repeat itself, it spawns. Then it stops spawning. I'll provide the capx to show you exactly what I mean.

Then another problem I have is I want the object that the player collides with to repeat in various areas and not just one.

If you can give me some advice that'd be great, thanks a lot

• Slicksz if your going to provide a capx without the things you are describing we can't help you. I mean we can make it for you but that is not a good way to learn. This is literally the stock auto runner template with nothing as you described. There is no object set to spawn and collide with the player nor is there a star field. You only changed one thing and that is the image to the player sprite.

Not sure how we are supposed to help you with this...

• I can tell you what you can do if that helps Slicksz . Create a new sprite, size it to whatever you like. Place it to the right of the layout. Set the behavior to bullet. Correct the speed and direction of the bullet. Create the event for the bullet, on bullet collide with player either destroy player and or restart layout. Whichever you prefer. Also create the event for the bullet to respawn at a random position or however you would like to create that.

Now for the starfield just create some particles and tweak the settings to whatever you are aiming for. Also you may want to use more than one particle object for this.

• It's auto_runner template you have in above capx. No stars or anything

• Hey guys, my apologize for uploading the wrong capx, thanks for letting me know. The files had similar names, but no excuses. Hope you can help me out now

• Inc thanks a lot man, but maybe now that I have the correct capx up you could take a look at the code so that you can give me some detailed instructions?

• I can tell you what you can do if that helps Slicksz . Create a new sprite, size it to whatever you like. Place it to the right of the layout. Set the behavior to bullet. Correct the speed and direction of the bullet. Create the event for the bullet, on bullet collide with player either destroy player and or restart layout. Whichever you prefer. Also create the event for the bullet to respawn at a random position or however you would like to create that.

Now for the starfield just create some particles and tweak the settings to whatever you are aiming for. Also you may want to use more than one particle object for this.

thanks a lot man, but maybe now that I have the correct capx up you could take a look at the code so that you can give me some detailed instructions?

btw I can't private message you but I will when I can or I can send you an email, lol why do you want to know so badly though?

• Hey I really need some help with this fly along game I'm working on.

I have a star field set in place, and some objects for the player to dodge but I have a problem with the star field.

It does not continuously repeat itself, it spawns. Then it stops spawning. I'll provide the capx to show you exactly what I mean.

Then another problem I have is I want the object that the player collides with to repeat in various areas and not just one.

If you can give me some advice that'd be great, thanks a lot

(reuploaded)

• Are you trying to make a flappy bird clone?

Either way, this tutorial should answer all of your questions.

Tutorial

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you Tekniko and as for inquiesco no one was answering me on that topic. The previous topic is the one that needs to be closed.

• For future, no-one answering can mean people are thinking, your thread wasn't even a full day old (21 hours if you want to get specific). You're not meant to make multiple topics (or constantly bump your thread, in case you get the idea to do so) to get attention because you desperately seek help, who knows, maybe people can't solve a particular problem easily so it takes longer to reply? Patience is a virtue. Hopefully any issues you have are now rectified at least.

• inquiesco cool. thanks or the advice. yeah I had to figure it out on my own.

• Slicksz here you go man. Fixed the stars for you. You had the star destroyed on layout start which there was no need for. All that needed to be done for the stars is a wrap behavior.

[attachment=0:27l8iljn][/attachment:27l8iljn]

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)