Help with layers

For developers using the Construct 2 Javascript SDK

Post » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 am

I'm trying to automate in javascript the setting of one layer visible and the rest invisible. I can't seem to wrap my mind around how to accomplish this. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Here is the runtime function:
Acts.prototype.SetVisible = function (visibles, begin)
     {
          var layernow;
           for (var i; i = begin; i<= begin+100)
           {
          layernow = this.runtime.getLayerByNumber(i);
          layernow.visible = true;
               this.runtime.redraw = true;
           }     
     };

And the edittime settings:
"name":               "Contact Wizard Pro",                    // as appears in 'insert object' dialog, can be changed as long as "id" stays the same
          "id":               "ContactWizarPro",                    // this is used to identify this plugin and is saved to the project; never change it
          "version":          "1.0",                         // (float in x.y format) Plugin version - C2 shows compatibility warnings based on this
          "description":     "<functions built for Contact Wizard Pro>",
          "author":          "<your name/organisation>",
          "help url":          "<your website or a manual entry on Scirra.com>",
          "category":          "General",                    // Prefer to re-use existing categories, but you can set anything here
          "type":               "object",                    // either "world" (appears in layout and is drawn), else "object"
          "rotatable":     false,                         // only used when "type" is "world". Enables an angle property on the object.
          "flags":          pf_singleglobal | pf_appearance_aces | pf_predraw,

And the action in edit time:
AddNumberParam("Layer", "Layer to make active" ,0);
AddNumberParam("Starting Layer", "Start layer search on this layer" ,0);
AddAction(1, af_none, "Set Visible Layer", "Layers", "Set {0} to visible", "Set the working layer visible!", "SetVisible");
www.h1k3.tech

We are here for you!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:30 am

I understand the for loop isn't formed to set the layer visible. I had it set properly but couldn't get it to work, so now I'm just trying to get any of them to be visible because it's so frustrating.
www.h1k3.tech

We are here for you!
B
S
G

Return to Javascript SDK