Help with Multiplayer tutorial 4: real-time game by Ashley

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:37 pm

I've managed to piece this thing together pretty good I think. I think it all works pretty good if you are the peer. Laser shows up, can hit host/other peers, hosts/other peers health goes down, host/other peers can die --

But for some reason the HOST's firing (bit 4) is not being translated locally or remotely. In other words, while all the peers see the host moving around and rotating properly - and its AimSpot. Left Mouse Clicking doesn't register on either side. I'd appreciate some input on where I went wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:25 pm

do I need to be more specific?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:25 am

Hey digital,

I had a quick look and fixed your issue but unfortunately I don't have the time to investigate and find out why it occurred. I have bookmarked the event i added.

https://db.tt/PjcgAeqc

Since it basically is the ghost shooter demo, I would go back and compare exactly where yours differs. Sorry i couldn't be more help.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 am

I just now realized from your comment that an example of this exists and I didn't have to do it all by hand. I feel silly, Thank you for taking the time to point out my problem.

edit: I see from your bookmark where I went wrong. Somehow I missed that part from the tutorial. Thanks. Problem fixed.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General