Help with Text bug!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi!

Look at this capx:
http://www.apagada.com/varios/caballo/src/Caballo.capx

It contains two very similar layouts, but, in one of them (layout "demo"), the text of inner layer shows up across top layers, while in the other (layout "caballo"), all works as expected.

This buggy behaviour is stopped by disablig webgl, but, then, something stops the events from recognizing where is the little chess knight and where should it go.

Could anyone help me?

Many thanks, and excuse me for uploading the entire capx: I wanted you to see how all worked ok in another layer!

B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:53 pm

It's not a bug, it's a limitation in WebGL mode. See the note on WebGL in the manual entry for Text.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 pm

OK, I'll manually turn "invisible" the overlapped text objects, with an "is overlapping" condition.

What about the second bug? Why do the knight demo movements fail when webgl is turned off? This implies the engine is not detecting the knight is overlapping the right box.

Is this bug caused by the new "overlapping" condition management in Construct Release 86?

Edit: grammar improvement.
arcalaus2012-04-16 18:30:04
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:44 pm

@arcalaus - I'm not sure what the problem is, I think you need to explain clearly what you're expecting to happen and what you actually see. WebGL only changes how the game is drawn though, and shouldn't affect the game logic at all, so it would be odd if that was the problem. If you think it's a bug in Construct 2 post it to the bugs forum (check the 'how to report bugs' thread too).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General