HI! A music sync question...

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 1:22 am

Hello, I'm new to Construct, these forums have been amazingly helpful, I know MMF2 so the transition into Construct has been pleasent, it's such an amazing program I look forward to posting up my games for you lot to see.

I want to do this one thing and I don't know if it's possible. I want to shrink and expand a sprite in time with a beat from some music I've made. The track is 120bpm, and if I set the box to shrink and expand every 4 seconds it'll be in time with the music.

I just don't know how to make the box do this, a gradual, but fast shrink and collapse.

Also are there any funky audio things I should be aware of? Can you sync your visuals up with bpm in an efficent way?

I'm a composer btw, got a myspace www.myspace.com/mikmanning and I also own a sound design/music company www.grandbrother.com
Have just recently got into game design but I want to make audio focused games, have been going good so far but this one little bit of help will really open up a whole world for me!!

Thanks in advance!

Mick
B
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 3:01 am

[url:1ebvz7dm]http://willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=65479[/url:1ebvz7dm]

This *might* be what you wanted.

You can use the "timeline" object to schedule events to occur at specific times.

(ignore that first .cap that I posted... you want it set to "always" and not "repeat")
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 am

hmmm well the xaudio object can give you latency and position, which should be enough if you know bpm from before.

I've been thinking about music-based games for a long time now and perhaps it's time to give it a shot. Interested in teamwork?

edit: obligatory .cap: [url:1h8wo3fk]http://www.udec.cl/~jfuente_alba/pulsating.cap[/url:1h8wo3fk]
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 8:54 am

thanks a lot guys, I've never seen the timeline object before will have to research it. And the 'pulsating' cap is perfect for my needs so will try decipher it. :)
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic