Hidden features #1: importing images

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • On the chat yesterday I was talking to a few people, and it seems there's some features which noone has used or maybe even discovered. In this set of threads, I'll explain some very handy features which could save you alot of time.

The first one is the image importer. Here's what it looks like:

You'll find this by right clicking the frames area of the Animator Bar, and selecting import images. (Excuse my lack of artistic flair.)

Clicking on it will open up a file selector (which is multiple select, so grab all the images you want). Now you'll see a list of them, and a bunch of options. Perhaps the most useful are the hotspot tool (allowing you to uniformly place hotspots on all your images), and the mirror/flip/rotate tools. The tile slicer will also serve a good purpose for rpg tilesets and sprite sheets. A good tip to mention at this point is that you can affect all images with these operations by shift clicking in the list, to select all the items. You can also reorder and import more images if you want using the buttons below the list.

• How could this go hidden for so long?! It will really make importing tilesets much easier.

• I'm not sure, but noone seems to know about it hardly!

• I did!

layer effects are also a hidden type feature, i found them by fluke!

• if that was hidden for some people...so how they import their frames??? one by one??? wow

• Yes...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I wouldn't recommend this if you're working with transparency, because it just doesn't do it, it just replaces the transparency with black.

• I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I wouldn't recommend this if you're working with transparency, because it just doesn't do it, it just replaces the transparency with black.

No, it doesn't. The image import preview displays transparent as black, but the imported images retain the transparency.

• ... No, they don't. Even when after the import.

• ...Yes they do. what kind of files are you using? *.tga, *.png?

• PNG, pretty much. Pretty much black where the transparency should be.

• then try *.tga - one of them works for 100%

• Well, THAT works... But why the hell does TNG work and not PNG? The latter has a smaller file size, for pete's sake.

• either way, this is another key feature gone undocumented (until now) & hidden behind a context-menu in an unconspicious place. don't hide your lights under the bushels, devs!

now, for right-clicking everything else i haven't right-clicked yet ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)