Hidden status bar coming back

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hi guys, i'm using the newest version of C2 and Intel XDK.

While exporting for Cordova i check the "Hide status bar" box.

In XDK build setting i check "Fullscreen" box.

The status bar is not showing while my app is running, which is what i needed.

However if the screen timeout or the user lock it, when restoring focus on my app the status bar is visible again and won't go away. Problem occours on Samsung Galaxy S5 with Chrome as browser.

I tried to import the Cordova Status Bar plugin in XDK, and added this action in c2:

Browser - on resumed - Execute javascript "StatusBar.hide();"

Nothing changed.

Any suggestion?

• Hi guys, i'm using the newest version of C2 and Intel XDK.

In XDK build setting i check "Fullscreen" box. ...

For me this sounds like a device specific issue, I believe that xmnboy could help you with that.

• razinar -- I do not know how a C2 app works or how it handles Cordova plugins, internally, so I can only speculate...

[quote:bgrrxexb]Hi guys, i'm using the newest version of C2 and Intel XDK.

In XDK build setting i check "Fullscreen" box.

The status bar is not showing while my app is running, which is what i needed.

However if the screen timeout or the user lock it, when restoring focus on my app the status bar is visible again and won't go away. Problem occours on Samsung Galaxy S5 with Chrome as browser.

I tried to import the Cordova Status Bar plugin in XDK, and added this action in c2:

Browser - on resumed - Execute javascript "StatusBar.hide();"

• I suspect the Cordova export "Hide status bar" does nothing for the XDK part of that export, we do not read the config.xml file, we read the <project-name>.xdk, assuming you used the "open an Intel XDK project" to import that Construct2 project.
    • Thus, the "check fullscreen" in the Build Settings is what is causing your app to go to full screen mode.
    • Calling "StatusBar.hide()" upon resume should do the trick, but you do need to make sure that plugin is part of your app. In the XDK, check the Plugin Manager to see if that plugin is part of your app. Full docs for that plugin are here > https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-statusbar <
    • The config.xml preferences mentioned on that doc page can be added to your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file.

Like I said, I'm speculating, because I don't have detailed knowledge regarding how a C2 app runs internally.

• Dear xmnboy

Can you allow the XDK to recognize special symbols in the project folder name, it was causing an issue where it would break the icons and splash screens every time I tried to import them into Intel XDK.

Thanks!

• xmnboy

Also, I just had some play testers try my app, and they were afraid that the app would crash their phone, because it was blinking wildly with flashing white lines and screen flashes when the app was starting up. This was very concerning to the user. It would be much better to just have a nice black screen instead of all these random screen flashes. This would be very appreciated as users find this to be a big problem when opening the app and seeing many random and strange screen flashes! Thanks!!!!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I agree, that annoying white screen flashing on startup before loading screen is horrible :/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)