Hide Sub-Events

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:47 pm

So in Construct Classic you could conveniently hide/show sub-events on the click of the little +/- button on the side of an event, which was convenient when you had a long list of events running. Less time to scroll and find what you want to work on.

The feature seems to be either missing (or I just can't find it) in Construct 2. I was wondering if adding the ability to hide sub-events was on the massive to-do list, or was just forgotten about? Because I do miss that feature oh so very much!      
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I think it is already on the todo list (the notice was already submitted some time ago, and I think @Ashley acknowledged having it on his todo list)

In the meantime/workaround, you can use groups to organize your code.
I agree it is not exactly the same, but helps a lot as you can have groups inside of groups, etc...
Kyatric2012-02-05 23:25:59
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Ha, I already use groups. If it's on the to-do list though, I'll just put up with long event chains for now, as I'd like to stay out of the habit of putting groups inside of groups inside of groups...

Thanks for the heads up!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

It's not actually a bad habit. I have tons of groups inside groups. I find it makes it actually much easier to read and quicker to find what I want as I can collapse an entire section of code into one easy to read line of text.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General