Hiding game files

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hey guys!

Is there any way to hide the files in the game folders? Mainly sound effects and musics...

Or some way of disguising the file extensions?

Thanks;)

• Sounds and musics can be included as resources. Other files can also be hidden using the Resource Plugin I think. As for file renaming, I've only tried renaming the extension of an INI (that works fine).

• Sounds and musics can be included as resources.

Can you explain how to do that? I've serched the wiki and there seems to be a resource tab which my installed version doesn't have... I'm missing something right?

• Thanks Jayjay, I didn't know about R0J0s resource plugin yet .

Ah Pyteo:

Download the examples!

• There is no resource tab anymore, just go to the project tab in the bottom right.

In the list of folders you'll notice a sound and music folder. Right click on them, then add sounds. (i've never used this feature before though, so don't know if it works.)

• If you add a resource, the music file is still required. So it isn't hidden for other users?^^

• If you add a resource, the music file is still required. So it isn't hidden for other users?^^

The music file is extracted to a temporary file I think (still possible to get, but much harder to find). To play the sound use "Play from resource" on XAudio2 instead.

• If I add a resource, a soundfile for example, construct is loading the soundfile, from the directory from where I imported the file. If I delete or rename it, construct will crash.

Thats is what happened to me...

Construct needed still the original soundfile to play it, it didn't imported the soundfile into the project or the .exe.

• If I add a resource, a soundfile for example, construct is loading the soundfile, from the directory from where I imported the file. If I delete or rename it, construct will crash.

Thats is what happened to me...

Construct needed still the original soundfile to play it, it didn't imported the soundfile into the project or the .exe.

Not sure why it isn't working right, can you upload a cap/zip file for me to check it out?

• I added a mp3 file in musics and a wav file in sounds.

(rightclick sounds/music -> add sounds/music)

I tried to play from resource if I press s key.

But If I click on the resource list (play music from resource) It says, there are no files.

The list is empty. The test.cap is 25kb..the soundfile I added more than 1mb.

Its pointless to upload the .cap without the music in it I think^^..

Could you make a very basic example? (I use construct 1.2)

• I know last summer while I was finishing up a project, I had a number of sounds and music in my .cap. When I went to export the .cap to .exe, some sounds refused to play. A number of people jumped in to help me out here (I really appreciated that!), but in the end we determined the problem of some sound files not playing was the result of a bug and nothing could be done.

Aside from the Layout Object breaking when you export to .exe, this would be #1 on my list of things I'd give my small toe for to have fixed, and by fixed I mean done like MMF2 where the sounds simply embed themselves into the .exe. My dislike for MMF2 is well-documented, but I've always loved that one thing about it at least.

• [quote:26nwwj7w]I added a mp3 file in musics and a wav file in sounds.

The "music" and "sound" folders are not used. Any files you want to include need to be put into the "files" folder.

The cap file only stores the address of the file. The files are only embedded into the exe when exporting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, everything is fine now

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)