High Action Platformer/Shooter (Alpha Version)

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Hi guys. I just submitted this game for Kongregates "Game In Ten Days" contest. I really want to continue working on it, adding more levels and features and a story, so I'd like some feedback on my current progress.

Click here to play.

My current plans include improving the art, environment and UI, balancing the weaponry a bit better and perhaps adding a few more weapons, and designing easy to play levels that ease you into a really challenging experience.

From this short demo, I'd like to hear what you guys like and dislike the most about it thus far, and what kind of things you would like to see added/changed and ect from the game.

Thanks and I hope you have fun.

• That was fun!

You could think of some RPG elements, or if you would go another path, make it a multiplayer game :0

• I love tiny sprites, you probably limit physic, this current physic could take a lot of performance loss.

• That was fun!

You could think of some RPG elements, or if you would go another path, make it a multiplayer game :0

Oh, I think it would be cool to have a multiplayer version of the game, VS or co-op, but that is something Construct 2 will have to help me out with.

I love tiny sprites, you probably limit physic, this current physic could take a lot of performance loss.

That's true. The bullets are all physics objects and I think it lags the game especially when there will be a lot of enemies on the screen. I think what I will do is just delete the dead bullets immediately instead of having them hang around for a few seconds.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That was nicely done, congratulations! Hope you keep improving it!

• really cool game concept, the enemy AI is very well done

• Thanks for the comments. Anything negative is more than welcome. I encourage anyone to speak their mind if they don't like the game and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

• Madness. I'd optimise it though as the framerate fluctuates too much when busy...

• To start, it's pretty awesome! I love the quick action and especially love the range of weapons. The AI is also really challenging and gives the feel of being an actual player hunting you down.

The tumble controls are a little choppy since the action reacts on the 3rd key press at times. Did you make it "On release"?

Personally, I'd remove the double tap "roll" function and maybe make it a different key in order to allow quick movement without sudden jolting of the sprite.

As I play it I'll add more feedback.

• To start, it's pretty awesome! I love the quick action and especially love the range of weapons. The AI is also really challenging and gives the feel of being an actual player hunting you down.

The tumble controls are a little choppy since the action reacts on the 3rd key press at times. Did you make it "On release"?

Personally, I'd remove the double tap "roll" function and maybe make it a different key in order to allow quick movement without sudden jolting of the sprite.

As I play it I'll add more feedback.

Oh wow...It seems like you're right. I never noticed but for some reason tumbling left and right does take 3 keypresses. I'll look into that.

Thanks for the feedback.

• It's quite fun! Love the action everywhere and the small sprites!

I would increase the contrast between foreground and background, though, it's pretty hard to see what's happening at time.

And I would make everyone killed in one shot, but that's a personal preference ^^

• Has a very nice "Soldat" feeling to it, also very well executed.

• It's quite fun! Love the action everywhere and the small sprites!

I would increase the contrast between foreground and background, though, it's pretty hard to see what's happening at time.

And I would make everyone killed in one shot, but that's a personal preference ^^

The art is something I'm working on especially. A lot of the current art is recycled but I'm definitely going to focus on high contrast between foreground and background objects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)