High Action Platformer/Shooter (Alpha Version)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 am

[QUOTE=ephrisian] To start, it's pretty awesome! I love the quick action and especially love the range of weapons. The AI is also really challenging and gives the feel of being an actual player hunting you down.

The tumble controls are a little choppy since the action reacts on the 3rd key press at times. Did you make it "On release"?

Personally, I'd remove the double tap "roll" function and maybe make it a different key in order to allow quick movement without sudden jolting of the sprite.

As I play it I'll add more feedback.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow...It seems like you're right. I never noticed but for some reason tumbling left and right does take 3 keypresses. I'll look into that.
Thanks for the feedback.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 am

It's quite fun! Love the action everywhere and the small sprites!

I would increase the contrast between foreground and background, though, it's pretty hard to see what's happening at time.

And I would make everyone killed in one shot, but that's a personal preference ^^sved2013-05-16 10:06:59
...but this is mostly psychological. Check my devlog
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 10:34 am

Has a very nice "Soldat" feeling to it, also very well executed.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

[QUOTE=sved] It's quite fun! Love the action everywhere and the small sprites!

I would increase the contrast between foreground and background, though, it's pretty hard to see what's happening at time.

And I would make everyone killed in one shot, but that's a personal preference ^^[/QUOTE]

The art is something I'm working on especially. A lot of the current art is recycled but I'm definitely going to focus on high contrast between foreground and background objects.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations