Highlighting Inverted

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:45 pm

UDPATE: Valuable info here, hard to move to Github.

Steps to reproduce
Click on any text box on the Property bar and keep the mouse click down. Move along the text box on it's X axis to highlight the text.

Observed result
The first highlight gets all the characters. But when the cursor moves, you can choose to highlight anywhere from the initial character to the current cursor position. But when you get to the end which is outside the left of the initial character in the text box, the highlight now starts from the initial clicked position.

Expected result
I'm just comparing it to a conventional text box's highlighting function. In C2, it does not remember the cursor point at which the location was initially clicked. In C3 it proceeds to do a normal highlight but made priority to the initial click's cursor point and starts highlighting from there. This happens after the cursor goes left and out the text box during highlighting as mentioned above on the observed result. I expect it to keep the highlights from the left to the current cursor point rather and inverting it to highlight from initial cursor point.

Perhaps a feature or a bug, I'm not sure.
Last edited by Jaydon on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 pm

I wasn't able to reproduce this. Could you add more details, or a gif/screenshot of the steps to reproduce?
My addons:
[PLUGIN]Value Monitor
[PLUGIN] Text Alignement
[BEHAVIOR]Timescale Ratio
[BEHAVIOR]Polar Coordinates
[PLUGIN]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Instance Variable Control
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:27 pm

skymen wrote:I wasn't able to reproduce this. Could you add more details, or a gif/screenshot of the steps to reproduce?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Now that's better. I was finally able to reproduce it. But it seems to only be doable on the textboxes like the Size one (aka the ones that can be split in two textboxes)
My addons:
[PLUGIN]Value Monitor
[PLUGIN] Text Alignement
[BEHAVIOR]Timescale Ratio
[BEHAVIOR]Polar Coordinates
[PLUGIN]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Instance Variable Control
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm

skymen wrote:Now that's better. I was finally able to reproduce it. But it seems to only be doable on the textboxes like the Size one (aka the ones that can be split in two textboxes)

Interesting... I didn't thought of testing the rests. Apparently, Viewport size is not affected.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 pm

I can reproduce, but I don't think we can fix this. It's a mix of the browser default behavior, the fact we select the whole property when you click on it, and the fact we intervene on some events for the up-down drag feature. It seems pretty minor anyway, so closing as won't fix.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs