Highscore either stays at 0 or says NaN

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

[QUOTE=DV7] [QUOTE=Aphrodite] The problem is your "set local key"
you just have to enter the name of the key, here "highscore" (with the " " ), not the WebStorage.LocalValue("highscore")[/QUOTE]

Uh, sorry if I seem stupid now, but I dont get what you mean :P

Do you mean event 13? WebStorage.LocalValue("highscore") ?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, also, you could do that during the game over
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 pm

But... didnt I already do it in the provided .capx?

edit: Or have I completely missunderstood you?DV72013-04-28 21:39:29
B

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 pm

you did
Set the local key WebStorage.LocalValue("highscore") to score

you should do:
Set the local key "highscore" to score

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 pm

[QUOTE=Aphrodite] you did
Set the local key WebStorage.LocalValue("highscore") to score

you should do:
Set the local key "highscore" to score[/QUOTE]

Like this?

If that is what you meant, that doesnt work either. highscore stays at 0 :(
Or I might have missunderstood you again :P

If so, could you send me .capx with how you have done via PM?DV72013-04-28 22:01:21
B

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Done, I hope this time, it works, for me, it worked, I also set the webstorage key Before changing layout, the event sheet process from up to downAphrodite2013-04-28 22:43:10

B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 pm

It works! Thank you so much for taking your time to help me out!

Cheers :)
B

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 am

@Aphrodite HEY!

I somehow dug up this topic and I think I have the exact same problem as DV7 had. Can you PM me so I can send you my capx in order for you to look at the problem :)

Thank you so much, cheers!
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 am

@kkletsgo ok, If you don't have enough rep to send me a PM, try reading some manual pages (it adds reputation points somehow).

B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?