"HolyWater" Projectile and Optimization Questions

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:07 pm

I have tried many different ways of setting up my holy water projectile which is supposed to hit the ground and burst to flames. It does this perfectly, however, when I use it to quickly then it hangs in the air and I can not for the life of me figure out a way around it. I why it does it but can't find a way around it.

My second question is if anyone with some experience might know a way to improve or further streamline my system. I know its fairly function heavy and I'm not sure if I am going about this in the right way.

A third thing to add in real quick would be any help on enemy AI. I have read what little information there is on Scirra but most of it is for top down games were path finding can be used. Any links or help in this regard would be a great help.

All help is appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Bump. Still having troubles with the holy water projectile and AI.

Help would be much appreciated :)
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm

What hangs in the air? The bottle or the fire?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:21 pm

7Soul wrote:What hangs in the air? The bottle or the fire?

It happens when a bottle hits an object it causes the ones in the air to activate and freeze mid air.

Originally I had it set up that the fire and bottle were one object and would play "fire" animation when hitting an object. This had the same problem but adding "system for each" to it fixed it but would give me lots of errors and crashing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 am

Most likely that's happening because the conditions refer to "Subwep" and the action refers to the bottle only. Make everything use the "Subwep" family instead
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:49 pm

7Soul wrote:Most likely that's happening because the conditions refer to "Subwep" and the action refers to the bottle only. Make everything use the "Subwep" family instead

Doing this causes the game to lock up.

I think doing that makes the game infinitely spawn fire objects were the bottle lands instead of destroying it properly.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Maybe replace "on collision" with "is overlapping + trigger once". But to me it doesn't seem like the "for each object" there is needed
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 am

7Soul wrote:Maybe replace "on collision" with "is overlapping + trigger once". But to me it doesn't seem like the "for each object" there is needed

Ya, that for each was just me trying to fix the problem. I removed it and did what you suggested, but that didn't make a difference at all. I just don't understand why it is doing this.

Now some of them are flying through the ground instead of just bursting like before.

Perhaps I just have my entire system set up like crap?
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:31 am

If you replace the family with the holy water it works. You don't need a for each, as the "on collision" is a trigger so it will trigger only for the object involved. So it picks the one object that the "On collision" is triggered for.

Last edited by nimos100 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 am

nimos100 wrote:If you replace the family with the holy water it works. You don't need a for each, as the "on collision" is a trigger so it will trigger for 1 object only at the time, so you can remove the for each.

So in other words I will have to scrap the idea of using families and create events for all of these separately? (or at least the weapons like the holy water)
B
S

Next

Return to How do I....?