Hooray!

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:39 am

This thread, and the results it shows, proves beyond a reasonable doubt that there ARE some intelligent people left in the USA... enough in fact to not vote for redneck warmongers anymore!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:06 am

Oh there are plenty of intelligent people in America. All those blue states on the map? That's where they all live.

Anything in red is somewhere you wouldn't even want to visit.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm

[quote="deadeye":36gc00nl]Oh there are plenty of intelligent people in America. All those blue states on the map? That's where they all live.

Anything in red is somewhere you wouldn't even want to visit.[/quote:36gc00nl]

So everybody not agreeing with your political views is an idiot? Wow.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Not an idiot, but not an inteligent person.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:01 pm

I dont know about you. But Im scared shitless. I love Obama, I think he is exactly what America /the world needs right now. But Ill be amazed if he doesnt get shot. J.F.K, Abraham Lincoln, they got shot, and they just liked black people.

He means something more to people than just a president. At the wining rally, I saw people crying. A lot of black people were crying. Im shore there were a lot of people that night that could still remember when Obama wouldnt have been able to eat in the same restaurant, drink from the same water fountain, or be in the same schools as white people. But there he stood, soon to be the leader of America. I really cant even imagine how that feels. Regardless of political beliefs, that alone is amazing.

And if he gets shot, I know who Im going to point my finger at. The republican campaign has been fear mongering something unbelievable. They have called him a communist, a Muslim, a terrorist, they repeatedly bring up his middle name, Husain, all enemies we have had in the past. And its not free radicals doing this, its the leaders of the Republican Party. Most the intelligent sane republicans I talk too dont believe any of this (hell even Mccain says he doesnt). But if there not talking to competent sane people..then who the hell are they talking to.

This war between left and right will finally have escalated to the point of bloodshed. And can you imagine what will happen. What those people with tears in their eyes will be thinking..The L.A riots will pale in comparison. Old grievances and scars will be reopened. And all the progress we have made towards The Dreamwill be shot down.

What will it do to an already hurt country, how will people gain hope again.

Right now there is some crazy Hill-Billy Vietnam vet loading his gun. In absolute horror that a black Communist Muslim Terrorist re-incarnated Sadam Husain . is about to take over the country because of what the republicans have been saying. Im shore hes picking out a grassy knoll. And when he pulls the trigger, I can hear him say no you cant.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:29 pm

[quote="linkman2004":2xpb4mqe][quote="deadeye":2xpb4mqe]Oh there are plenty of intelligent people in America. All those blue states on the map? That's where they all live.

Anything in red is somewhere you wouldn't even want to visit.[/quote:2xpb4mqe]

So everybody not agreeing with your political views is an idiot? Wow.[/quote:2xpb4mqe]

I was making a joke. Well, okay, I was half-joking. But to offer up a serious response to your question:

Did you watch any of the McCain speeches where he talked to people? Or see any footage of interviews with attendees at his rallies? Quite a few literally believed that Obama was was a Muslim terrorist and was going to destroy the country. McCain had to stop people and say "No he's not, he's a good person, etc." Those people live in the red states in a much higher concentration than in the blue states.

It's also a fact that people living in the red states (ie, the South) are (on [u:2xpb4mqe]average[/u:2xpb4mqe]) less educated than those in the blue states.

As for anecdotal evidence, I lived in Texas for a year, and yeah... just about everyone there is a goddamn moron. Sure, I met plenty of intelligent people with varying political views, but for the most part everyone was pretty stupid. And this was before 9/11. I'd hate to be there after with all the pseudo-patriotic "kill all Muslims" testosterone crap that followed. Stupid people are easy to scare with baseless accusations like "omg Obama is a Muslim terrist." If you have half a brain you can filter out the bullshit from the facts and make a sound decision.

Does that make me sound elitist? Eh, oh well. I guess if you think making sweeping observations about the intelligence of certain groups of people is elitist then I can live with that.

[quote="Bartosh":2xpb4mqe]I dont know about you. But Im scared shitless. I love Obama, I think he is exactly what America /the world needs right now. But Ill be amazed if he doesnt get shot.[/quote:2xpb4mqe]

I'm a little worried about that too. When he took the stage for his acceptance speech I was whispering to myself "don't get shot, don't get shot."

I guess it's some consolation that he is now the most protected person in America. The secret service has been at this a while, you'd have to think they know a little about what they're doing.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:49 pm

I'd just like to point out that that map is all over the place. For instance, it shows California as one of the least educate states, but they almost always vote democratic, but Oklahoma, which is almost always Republican, more educated. Really, it seems fairly even to me.

Also, all of the morons calling Obama a terrorist(which is, quite frankly, retarded) and stuff are what we call EXTREMISTS. Both sides always have and always will have them.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:03 pm

[quote="linkman2004":1sybu31x] Also, all of the morons calling Obama a terrorist(which is, quite frankly, retarded) and stuff are what we call EXTREMISTS. Both sides always have and always will have them.[/quote:1sybu31x]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiKtR9Z9 ... re=related
wonder were they got that idea..

both party's have extremist. but left extremist love tofu, saving polar bears and hugging trees.and hate walmart
right extremest love guns,hunting and war. and hate people of different ethnicity and religion.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:21 pm

[quote="Bartosh":2bnabp2r]This war between left and right[/quote:2bnabp2r]

Funny, in europe (or at least in nordic countries) we think that the both parties would be at least somewhat right. The republicans would just be MORE right :D. (From American viewpoint, maybe some parties here are extreme left? Dunno.)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:51 pm

I wish politics in the UK was as interesting and inspirational as in America!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic