Horizon Danger : local mp action game [Greenlight]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello everyone!

After using Construct2 for a bit longer then a year now I think it's time to post something I have been working on. My name is Stephan Caffa and i'm currently working on a game called Horizon Danger.

Horizon Danger is a local multiplayer action game set in a cyberpunk dystopian future. The game has been in development for about a year now (part-time) and still going strong. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight and hoping to release the game before March 2015.

I like to describe Horizon Danger as a more hectic/faster Bomberman game. Each player controls a mech outfitted for an all out war. You can destroy your opponent by dropping bombs or shoot them with your stun gun for a nicely timed stun or collect power ups.

And here is some gameplay footage that I recorded last week. In the beginning of the vid I give a small description of how the game plays :).

youtube.com/watch?v=75rGpJ6whzA

If you like my work and want to support me then please vote for Horizon Danger on steam greenlight :)

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254836617

You can also find me on twitter with @SCAFFA Thanks for reading and please if you have any feedback let me know :) Apolagies about the links, I can't post any URLs yet.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Did you use official MP plugin for this?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:07 pm

You mean for playing online? I have not used that, it's sadly local only for now.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:15 pm

scaffa wrote:You mean for playing online? I have not used that, it's sadly local only for now.

Ahh I thought you used it when multiplayer is mentioned... Btw, cool stuff you have there, this is easily looks like one of the top quality games produced from C2, good job!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:19 pm

DuckfaceNinja wrote:
scaffa wrote:You mean for playing online? I have not used that, it's sadly local only for now.

Ahh I thought you used it when multiplayer is mentioned... Btw, cool stuff you have there, this is easily looks like one of the top quality games produced from C2, good job!

I see :) It would be nice to have online multiplayer but yeah implementing that would take a lot of time now sadly. And thanks, that is awesome to hear :) Love working in C2 :)
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 am

I just uploaded a new video that showcases another stage, called Haven, in action. Hope it's alright to post it right here :)

youtu.be/N2XzvV5Qfro
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:00 pm

This looks amazing!, definitely one of the best C2 games I've seen so far
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:25 pm

Hey there!, this game looks really great, i'm digging the pixel-art style.

Something i noticed though, you could change the collision for the ground so it has a more of a 2.5D kinda feel

scaffa_horizondanger_stage1level1-1024x640.png

It's just a suggestion :D

Keep it up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:08 am

Wisdoms wrote:Hey there!, this game looks really great, i'm digging the pixel-art style.

Something i noticed though, you could change the collision for the ground so it has a more of a 2.5D kinda feel

scaffa_horizondanger_stage1level1-1024x640.png

It's just a suggestion :D

Keep it up!

Thanks for the suggestion and I have to say you are absolutely right. The collision on that part has always bugged me a little bit since it doesnt really make sense the way it is now. Not sure if I will adjust it but wil certainly test it and see how it feels.

Thanks for the comments! :)
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 am

I uploaded a new video yesterday which showcases another stage in action. The stage is called Nexion and takes place on a planet riddled with bugs!

youtube.com/watch?v=CQaThp6_QJ8

Apolagies for the non working link, not enough rep :)
B
S

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests