Horizon Danger : local mp action game [Greenlight]

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Unlock platyers earning coins, and save it with Localstorage
  • Hello everyone!

After using Construct2 for a bit longer then a year now I think it's time to post something I have been working on. My name is Stephan Caffa and i'm currently working on a game called Horizon Danger.

Horizon Danger is a local multiplayer action game set in a cyberpunk dystopian future. The game has been in development for about a year now (part-time) and still going strong. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight and hoping to release the game before March 2015.

I like to describe Horizon Danger as a more hectic/faster Bomberman game. Each player controls a mech outfitted for an all out war. You can destroy your opponent by dropping bombs or shoot them with your stun gun for a nicely timed stun or collect power ups.

And here is some gameplay footage that I recorded last week. In the beginning of the vid I give a small description of how the game plays .

youtube.com/watch?v=75rGpJ6whzA

If you like my work and want to support me then please vote for Horizon Danger on steam greenlight

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254836617

You can also find me on twitter with scaffa Thanks for reading and please if you have any feedback let me know Apolagies about the links, I can't post any URLs yet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you use official MP plugin for this?

• You mean for playing online? I have not used that, it's sadly local only for now.

• You mean for playing online? I have not used that, it's sadly local only for now.

Ahh I thought you used it when multiplayer is mentioned... Btw, cool stuff you have there, this is easily looks like one of the top quality games produced from C2, good job!

• > You mean for playing online? I have not used that, it's sadly local only for now.

>

Ahh I thought you used it when multiplayer is mentioned... Btw, cool stuff you have there, this is easily looks like one of the top quality games produced from C2, good job!

I see

• I just uploaded a new video that showcases another stage, called Haven, in action. Hope it's alright to post it right here

youtu.be/N2XzvV5Qfro

• This looks amazing!, definitely one of the best C2 games I've seen so far

• Hey there!, this game looks really great, i'm digging the pixel-art style.

Something i noticed though, you could change the collision for the ground so it has a more of a 2.5D kinda feel

[attachment=0:38meau45][/attachment:38meau45]

It's just a suggestion :D

Keep it up!

• Hey there!, this game looks really great, i'm digging the pixel-art style.

Something i noticed though, you could change the collision for the ground so it has a more of a 2.5D kinda feel

[attachment=0:3a89kwhb][/attachment:3a89kwhb]

It's just a suggestion

Keep it up!

Thanks for the suggestion and I have to say you are absolutely right. The collision on that part has always bugged me a little bit since it doesnt really make sense the way it is now. Not sure if I will adjust it but wil certainly test it and see how it feels.

Thanks for the comments!

• I uploaded a new video yesterday which showcases another stage in action. The stage is called Nexion and takes place on a planet riddled with bugs!

youtube.com/watch?v=CQaThp6_QJ8

Apolagies for the non working link, not enough rep

• scaffa The stage looks really good!, any idea when the demo is coming out?

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Keep it up!

• Thanks! Not sure yet. Got some quality feedback at a recent game event and improving quite a few aspects of the game now, for example the UI and menu's. Also busy with implementing the weapon and powerup systems. And that needs some balancing/playtesting for sure

There is an alpha version available on Desura but that is quite an old build sadly and doesnt feature the redesigns and such. But I'm aiming to release a newer version on Desura around december.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)