Horizon Shift, my new C2 shooter

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hey guys,

I'm new here, I've been working on this new game for a couple of months now. I moved over from XNA to C2 development when XNA basically died and love it! It's just so much fun to use!!!

Anyway, my new game is called Horizon Shift and it's a kind of cross between a retro single screen shooter and a platform game. In many ways it feel a bit like a 2D tempest. The enemies attack from the top and bottom and you have to switch from looking up and down, if an enemy gets to your line they will attack it, either by destroying a panel or by running up and down it and trying to hit you. The more enemies that attack your line the higher the multiplier, a simple risk reward system but it seems to work well.

Here's a couple of pics

I also made an arcade cabinet for it Here's steve from minecraft playing it!

And here's some early footage.

Thanks for taking a look at my game, let me know what you think.

• Here's a pic of the second bonus game, I decided to base the bonus games on Break-out. It keeps nicely with the arcade theme and makes for a nice break from shooting.

• Like a 2D tempest, seems quite neat, I just feel like the stock particle systems damage the impression a little - using a bunch of sprites with bullet behaviour at random angles and speed would add some needed POW! to those enemy explosions.

• Like a 2D tempest, seems quite neat, I just feel like the stock particle systems damage the impression a little - using a bunch of sprites with bullet behaviour at random angles and speed would add some needed POW! to those enemy explosions.

Thanks for the feedback man.

I hadn't really noticed to be honest but you're right the particles do look too generic.

I'll have a play around tonight see if I can make something a little more spectacular!

Thanks again

• Looks really unique and interesting! Will be great to try it one day

Keep up the good work!

• Looks really unique and interesting! Will be great to try it one day

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man

Nearly got a decent demo together, would love you you to try it.

Feedback is always welcome

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks very polished and I like the theme / graphics style!!

• Looks very polished and I like the theme / graphics style!!

Thank's very much

• [Deleted]

• Just a quick pic of the second bonus stage on Horizon Shift.

That swirly thing is a transported if you hadn't guessed

• The cabinet is killer.

• The cabinet is killer.

Thanks man, makes everything so much more fun

• This is some awesome work here and love the cabinet!!

• Just a quick pic of the second boss.

• Looking at the pics I had no idea what its about but after watching the gameplay vid, wow! Nice work!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)