Horizontal Shooter HD ( working title )

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 am

I don't think it's a lost cause
you just have to make it something ridiculous rather than a straightforward good old style shooter
like if you made it look as busy as Gratuitous Space Battles
zooming in and out like Spore cellular stage as you suped up your ship to insane proportions
using the full power of construct to have complete visual overwhelming insanity all over the place
and make the powerups get awesomer and awesomer until there's tentacles coming out of your ship and grabbing nearby ships and hurling them to the ground, while miniature ships fly out of the back of your ship to circle around and support your ship, it might be a cult hit

but if it's just a great old style shooter without some fanservice exaggerated insanity
I agree it probably won't sell well

I do think the art style looks great btw
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:23 pm

[quote="lucid":1ccpg4sx]I don't think it's a lost cause
you just have to make it something ridiculous rather than a straightforward good old style shooter
like if you made it look as busy as Gratuitous Space Battles
zooming in and out like Spore cellular stage as you suped up your ship to insane proportions
using the full power of construct to have complete visual overwhelming insanity all over the place
and make the powerups get awesomer and awesomer until there's tentacles coming out of your ship and grabbing nearby ships and hurling them to the ground, while miniature ships fly out of the back of your ship to circle around and support your ship, it might be a cult hit

but if it's just a great old style shooter without some fanservice exaggerated insanity
I agree it probably won't sell well

I do think the art style looks great btw[/quote:1ccpg4sx]

My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations