Horror game concept art?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:57 pm

a rough sample of gameplay.
B

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:38 am

I like your drawings because they have their own uniqueness to them. You don't aim for big teeth, glowy eyes or generic zombies and their hundred variations, so you get my props for that. Basically less cool factor = more potential to be scary. The pixel art is maybe a bit too colourful to be actually scary. More realistic propotions on the player character would make it more belivable and make it work better with the monster sprites' looks. Maybe try adding a hint of white noise on the screen and desaturate everything to make everything look bleak and devoid of life. Oh and I like the terrain background in the window. Reminds me of Doom :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:18 pm

@Hasuak

Thanks for your reply and advice and have took on board what you suggested.

I've added the noise and a mist effect iv'e also made the backdrops darker and removed saturation, I want to keep the player as he is to add a stylized look to it. It all makes a huge difference to the mood of the game so thanks for your suggestions.

here is a video link, sorry for the quality is not great and fps is down a little. I also added some music over it to further capture the mood.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Efw5 ... sp=sharing
B

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Looking great! Given your overall game look the enemy design is perfectly fine. And that Doom-like death animation is awesome.

You seem to be a making a rather neat project, keep at it!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Getting a "The Thing" vibe from the video you showed. I like it.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas