Hotspot value input

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Would it be possible to implement a feature so that when you're placing the hotspot, you can input a value rather than manually trying to set it?

This would allow for precision when placing the hotspot.

• Has been asked for a million times before - hope it'll come in .99

• Also, would be cool to have buttons or hotkeys for compass points.

I.E. buttons arranged like so to quickset the hotspot...

NW N NE
    W  C  E
    SW S SE
    [/code:1k2zenyh]
    or shortcuts on the number pad:
    [code:1k2zenyh]
    NW   N   NE
      7  8  9
    W 4  5  6 E
      1  2  3
    SW   S   SE
    (press 5 to centre)
    [/code:1k2zenyh]
    Make sense?
  • Those number pad shortcuts are already implemented.

• OK, i see - they currently function by nudging pixel by pixel. I was referring to instantly setting it to edges, corners, or the centre. In that case, forget about hotkeys (no point in changing the current functionality), however I think the buttons would be a good idea. GameMaker has a button to set the origin to the centre of the sprite and I use this feature constantly.

• Turn on Num Lock key.

• OK, i see - they currently function by nudging pixel by pixel.

WHAT

You can nudge by pixel with numlock off?!? Holy crap... I did not know this.

Anyway, yeah you can set it to the sides/corners/middle just as you described with numlock on. I'd still like to see the option to not align the image by hotspot though...

• [quote:2ygv8inz]I'd still like to see the option to not align the image by hotspot though...

what do you mean deadeye?

cuz I've always thought it would be useful to set an image location based on an imagepoint, is that what you mean?

so I can say, set position of sprite to 3,3 by imagepoint "myimagepoint", and then it would set the sprites imagepoint to that location instead of the hotspot, easy enough to do rightsideup, but at an angle, it would be quite helpful

• Also, would be cool to have buttons or hotkeys for compass points.

Those number pad shortcuts are already implemented.

Whoa, that was fast XD

I didn't know about that one, should be useful, specially centering!

• It's been in the documentation for a while!

• [quote:2ae0tysg]I'd still like to see the option to not align the image by hotspot though...

what do you mean deadeye?

I mean in the image editor, when you set the hotspot the image is moved so the hotspot is always centered. I find it annoying, and I wish there were a toggle for it so you could center on the hotspot or center the image itself (like it used to be).

• It's been in the documentation for a while!

Bizarrely, my workplace blocks access to sourceforge on the basis of it being a software download site, so I often cannot check things before posting. Sometimes all I can do it a quick test in the software.

Anyway, yeah you can set it to the sides/corners/middle just as you described with numlock on. I'd still like to see the option to not align the image by hotspot though...

Well, I didn't know about that one, so we have both learnt from each other symbiotically

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > It's been in the documentation for a while!

>

Bizarrely, my workplace blocks access to sourceforge on the basis of it being a software download site, so I often cannot check things before posting. Sometimes all I can do it a quick test in the software.

That's ridiculous .

• I mean in the image editor, when you set the hotspot the image is moved so the hotspot is always centered. I find it annoying, and I wish there were a toggle for it so you could center on the hotspot or center the image itself (like it used to be).

Same here

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)