How 2 change nw.js icon

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • how? please help

• In your project bar (with all your objects inside) there is a directory called Files. Open it, there will be another directory, called Icons. Modify those.

• The method in the post above is for changing C2 icons and not the nw.exe icon.

To change nw icon do this:

Download resource hacker. It is a free software that lets you edit files. Then right click on the nw.exe and open with resource hacker and there you can simply change the icon to whatever you want.

• what is nw.exe ???

• The file that you export out with nwjs and the file that starts your game.

• It's like I'm telling you that to lower the window of your car you have to tighten a screw that is in the trunk. C2 should fix that.

• thank everyone

• You don't have to use resource hacker anymore.

NW.js automatically uses the icon (icon-128.png) from your icon folder inside C2 when starting your game.

Just do what randomly said and you should be good.

In your project bar (with all your objects inside) there is a directory called Files. Open it, there will be another directory, called Icons. Modify those.

• TheRealDannyyy I'm trying this out with Construct 2.52, and I always get a standard NW.js icon. Does the icon-128.png have to be a certain png-format? (like PNG-8 instead of PNG-24 or something) Whatever I'm doing, I always get the NW.js icon.

• TheRealDannyyy I'm trying this out with Construct 2.52, and I always get a standard NW.js icon. Does the icon-128.png have to be a certain png-format? (like PNG-8 instead of PNG-24 or something) Whatever I'm doing, I always get the NW.js icon.

Tested using NW.js v0.27.2 and it works just fine. It's impossible to select a png-format for the game icon files so that can't be the issue.

Maybe something is messed up inside your package.json file, please check if you have the line which specifies the use of the png/icon file ("icon": "icon-128.png").

Just to make things clear, NW.js is automatically applying the png/icon file when starting your game, it doesn't replace the source icon from the executable.

Meaning that you still need to use resource hacker in order to replace it completely (e.g. for distribution platforms that use it).

• Tested using NW.js v0.27.2 and it works just fine. It's impossible to select a png-format for the game icon files so that can't be the issue. Maybe something is messed up inside your package.json file, please check if you have the line which specifies the use of the png/icon file ("icon": "icon-128.png").

Just to make things clear, NW.js is automatically applying the png/icon file when starting your game, it doesn't replace the source icon from the executable.

Meaning that you still need to use resource hacker in order to replace it completely (e.g. for distribution platforms that use it).

I'm currently running Construct 2 v.252 and NW.js 0.28. But I was referring specifically to the NW.exe icon (in the win32 and win64 export folder). The window titlebar icon and the taskbar icon are the ones in the project's "files"-folder.

I'm going to send our demo out to publishers/investors eventually and personally I think it looks a lot more professional to have the game icon in the folder, rather than the NW-icon. But from what I'm gathering changing the NW.exe icon can only be done through the resource hacker tool?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm currently running Construct 2 v.252 and NW.js 0.28. But I was referring specifically to the NW.exe icon (in the win32 and win64 export folder). The window titlebar icon and the taskbar icon are the ones in the project's "files"-folder.

I'm going to send our demo out to publishers/investors eventually and personally I think it looks a lot more professional to have the game icon in the folder, rather than the NW-icon. But from what I'm gathering changing the NW.exe icon can only be done through the resource hacker tool?

Yeah the source icon is still not permanently being replaced, you will have to use Resource hacker.

You can find out how to do it in my Roundup, go to "How To: Set Your Own Application Icon".

• Thanks everyone 4 all, again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)