How can I customize characters?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
120 Epic Fire FX Animations + 2 Bonus Characters. Contains 3000+ frames and a lot of Pixel Art Sprites
  • Hello Everyone,

I'm wandering of can a personalize a character?

I mean for example, when you create your character you can choose different color of hair, or different clothes.

You create the style of your character for the rest of the game.

This is very common in many games, but I can't think how to do it here on C2, any idea?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I made a game that had different hats the player needed to pick up to proceed, each hat gave a different skill. The way I did it was to place the sprite for the hat on the player sprite, then PIN it.

You could do the same here, have different sprites for different hair colour and depending on which one they choose, PIN that to the player sprite.

Either that or have the head, body and legs as separate sprite with different hair colours, tops and pants as a different frame of the animation. Then, set the frame for each part of the body and PIN the body parts together.

• Another idea would be to use the "adjust HSL" shader on each sprite and let the player pick exactly what colours.

Easier than individual sprites but it'll makes your games framerate drop if there's too many shaders.

• Hello,

The idea from vandinz make sense, is a little complicated, but definitely looks what I am searching.

keepee, for the colors your idea also looks good, but not all the browser support webgl

:/

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)